Unicycle Club Webpage Modifications

I have finally redesigned the Viking One Wheelers Unicycle Club webpage. Much of
the content remains the same but the look has changed. Even if you have been to
the page before, I found a site with over 150 animated .gifs of unicycles. I
have a few on the pages and a link to the site where you can download them.

The page was designed with new software from work as an experiment and learning
experience. Many of the features may cause the page to load a little slow. We
have a fast connection at work so speed is not a big issue. I realize it is for
many of us (including me at home) so one of my next projects will be to remove
some of the bells and whistles to speed it up or perhaps a second faster version
for slow modems (I haven’t decided yet). I just wanted to try everything out.
Anyway enjoy the visit and let me know what you think.

Philip

RE: Unicycle Club Webpage Modifications

Wow! I checked out those animated unicycles (and downloaded them of course).
Somebody really had a lot of time on their hands! Those unicycles look like the
ones on Lars Lottrup’s web site, so he may know the guy that did them. Lars:
http://www.unicycle.dk/ Viking One Wheelers:
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Bleachers/4125/ The animated unis:
http://zdnet.xoom.com/zdnet/website/animated-gifs/objects/:3x3+119

Philip, your site is looking good. I don’t think you really need a high
bandwidth version. It will look more cool to just eliminate some of the
animation and stuff, or relegate it to a separate area of the site. That’s
my plan for my site, but I should stop talking about my site and keep
working on it…

jf

> -----Original Message----- From: Philip W Hinkle [mailto:uniraisin@juno.com]
> Sent: Thursday, February 25, 1999 7:32 PM To: unicycling@winternet.com
> Subject: Unicycle Club Webpage Modifications
>
>
> I have finally redesigned the Viking One Wheelers Unicycle Club webpage. Much
> of the content remains the same but the look has changed. Even if you have
> been to the page before, I found a site with over 150 animated .gifs of
> unicycles. I have a few on the pages and a link to the site where you can
> download them.
>
> The page was designed with new software from work as an experiment and
> learning experience. Many of the features may cause the page to load a little
> slow. We have a fast connection at work so speed is not a big issue. I realize
> it is for many of us (including me at home) so one of my next projects will be
> to remove some of the bells and whistles to speed it up or perhaps a second
> faster version for slow modems (I haven’t decided yet). I just wanted to try
> everything out. Anyway enjoy the visit and let me know what you think.
>
> Philip

RE: Unicycle Club Webpage Modifications

> 1. How to download? I right clicked and saved the file but got the entire
> page.

The problem is downloading all 100 (if you’re a fanatic like me) without getting
carpal tunnel. I went to the directory where the unicycles are found:
http://media.xoom.com/website/animated-gifs/objects/unicycle/ If you are using
Netscape, this URL should get you a list of all the unicycle files. It’s easy
enough then to right click and choose “Save Link As…”

To get them all without going crazy, I used Site Snagger. This is a little
freeware utility for downloading copies of websites for offline browsing. You
can get it from ZDnet.com. Go to their download area and search for “sitesnag”
or “site snagger”.

> 2. Is it possible to make it real big so thatthe unicucle occupies say half
> the screen?

They are animated gifs. Gifs are bitmaps, so if you make them larger than actual
size you start getting some nasty jaggies…

jf

Re: Unicycle Club Webpage Modifications

Greetings

In message “RE: Unicycle Club Webpage Modifications”, Foss, JohnX wrote…
>Wow! I checked out those animated unicycles (and downloaded them of course).
>Somebody really had a lot of time on their hands! Those unicycles look like
>the ones on Lars Lottrup’s web site, so he may know the guy that did them.
>Lars: http://www.unicycle.dk/ Viking One Wheelers:
>http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Bleachers/4125/ The animated unis:
>http://zdnet.xoom.com/zdnet/website/animated-gifs/objects/:3x3+119

The animated unis are very interesting indeed. Quick question:

  1. How to download? I right clicked and saved the file but got the entire page.

  2. Is it possible to make it real big so thatthe unicucle occupies say half
    the screen?

>Philip, your site is looking good. I don’t think you really need a high

Yes, indeed.

>bandwidth version. It will look more cool to just eliminate some of the
>animation and stuff, or relegate it to a separate area of the site. That’s
>my plan for my site, but I should stop talking about my site and keep
>working on it…
>
>jf
>
>> -----Original Message----- From: Philip W Hinkle [mailto:uniraisin@juno.com]
>> Sent: Thursday, February 25, 1999 7:32 PM To: unicycling@winternet.com
>> Subject: Unicycle Club Webpage Modifications
>>
>>
>> I have finally redesigned the Viking One Wheelers Unicycle Club webpage. Much
>> of the content remains the same but the look has changed. Even if you have
>> been to the page before, I found a site with over 150 animated .gifs of
>> unicycles. I have a few on the pages and a link to the site where you can
>> download them.
>>
>> The page was designed with new software from work as an experiment and
>> learning experience. Many of the features may cause the page to load a little
>> slow. We have a fast connection at work so speed is not a big issue. I
>> realize it is for many of us (including me at home) so one of my next
>> projects will be to remove some of the bells and whistles to speed it up or
>> perhaps a second faster version for slow modems (I haven’t decided yet). I
>> just wanted to try everything out. Anyway enjoy the visit and let me know
>> what you think.
>>
>> Philip
>>
>

Regards, Jack Halpern Kanji Dictionary Publishing Society, http://www.kanji.org
Voice: +81-048-481-3103 Fax: +81-048-479-1323

Re: Unicycle Club Webpage Modifications

> Wow! I checked out those animated unicycles (and downloaded them of course).
> Somebody really had a lot of time on their hands! Those unicycles look like
> the ones on Lars Lottrup’s web site, so he may know the guy that did them.

They also look similar to the unicycles on the Nintendo game UniRacers, but I am
not quite sure as it’s been 4 years since I’ve seen that game. Can someone that
has that game check it out and compare it?

    ___________

___ // / / / / ========================================== / _ '/ / / '_ /
Kevin Gilbertson - mailto:mail@gilby.com _ /
/
/,/ / Unicycling T-shirts
at http://www.gilby.com/ // /
______/ ICQ: 12611076 AIM: IamGilby _/

Re: Unicycle Club Webpage Modifications

>They also look similar to the unicycles on the Nintendo game UniRacers, but I
>am not quite sure as it’s been 4 years since I’ve seen that game. Can someone
>that has that game check it out and compare it?

Some of them look like them, but other the unicycles in uni-racers didn’t do
some of the things that the one on the page do.

| This e-mail was from |
| Chris Cline |
| |
| ss03clinec@student.eup.k12.mi.us |
| |
| http://moocow115.webjump.com |
| |
| unicycle@wowmail.com |
| |
|If you go to my Web Page, Please sign my guestbook!|
|----------------------------------------------------