Unicon 14 registration is open.

I’ve registered too. I think. :slight_smile:

I only want to be in the trials competition, but I don’t think I can afford to pay the 500DK required just for it.

Will I be able to ride the trials comp obstacles after the competition is over?

I apologize for the delay in answering some of these questions - I needed to wait until after the meeting this past weekend with the Unicon Organizers.

epistolize asked:

Yes you can upgrade/downgrade after initially registering. If you change your mind before 31 March, there is not a cost difference. However, if you initially register as a non-competitor and pay your fees by the end of March (paying 300DKK), then change your mind on 15 April that you want to be a competitor, you will have to pay the difference in fees from that time. The competitor registration after 31 March is 1100 DKK, so you would have to pay an additional 800DKK (1100 - 300). If you change your mind the other way on 15 April, going from competitor to non-competitor, you will get a refund, but there will be some credit card charges deducted from the refund. The refund would be what you paid (800DKK) - the current non-competitor fee (400DKK) = 400 DKK (less credit card fees).

ivan asked:

Yes and no. There will be trials obstacles set up most of Unicon, but the actual Trials competition will have more obstacles and lines. The actual Trials comp will be set up in the street (because there is more room) just outside the main Halls and torn down when complete. Most of the obstacles will be moved to an area also next to the halls, but not in the street.

Connie

Only 3 weeks until the price increases! Register and pay soon.

Current Stats
1 - Australia 1
1 - Austria / Österreich
2 - Canada
1 - Cyprus
2 - Czech Republic
25 - Danmark / Denmark
172 - Deutschland / Germany
59 - France
7 - Hungary
42 - Italy
21 - Japan
5 - New Zealand
4 - Norway
1 - Poland
16 - Puerto Rico
37 - Schweiz / Switzerland
1 - Slovakia
1 - Spain
5 - Sweden
25 - United Kingdom
46 - United States of America

474 Total
One new country: Poland

Other information:
NEW: There is now a MUni XC event. If you’ve already registered and you are interested in this event, make sure you edit your registration data.
NEW: Hockey and Basketball tournaments will be divided into A and B leagues, with the Champions coming from the A league.
Competitor totals for some events:
201 --Slow Forward Race (91 Male / 110 Female)
152 --Slow Backward Race (68 Male / 84 Female)
101 --High Jump (66 Male / 35 Female)
111 --Long Jump (62 Male / 49 Female)
66 --Track Coasting (26 Male / 40 Female)
28 --1500m 700cc (22 Male / 6 Female)
125 --10k Marathon - Standard Class (66 Male / 59 Female)
51 --10k Marathon - Unlimited Class (47 Male / 4 Female)
48 --42k Marathon (41 Male / 7 Female)
79 --Trials (65 Male / 14 Female)
95 --Downhill Gliding (39 Male / 56 Female)

Connie Cotter
IUF President
Unicon Consultant
Unicon website: www.unicon14.dk

Excellent. Thank you very much for adding that.

Rob

quick query.
Does my 2 year old child need to be registered ? I think the only thing he would be at that a non playing memeber of public can’t go to is the final party? The T shirts are far to big for him and he can’t ride yet.

sarah.miller asked:

No, you do not need to register Edward. Children up to 3 years old can be included in Unicon events with their parent(s).

Connie

Connie, when I was paying the website wouldn’t register my booking for Sam (age 9) for the final party. Will we have to leave him waiting outside the door?

Look at:
http://www.unicon2008.dk/registration/index.php?action=showeveryonelink&lang=gb

For those too lazy to look, it is currently Robin Dunlop (the guru responsible for maintaining the database that runs Unicon) and Nathan (ntappin) - who is currently on Uninam.

Cath, I just looked at the data for Sam - he is currently registered for attending the Final party, but it is not paid. Send me an email and I’ll tell you the best way to get this fixed.

Connie

I thought she was talking about Paul . . . .

neither, me and someone I havn’t heard of. Robin sorry if I do in fact know you.

Thanks for clarifying the kid at party thing Connie. Much appricated. Boy is going to have a ball. Hes desperate to play unicycle hockey already!

Tad- LOL at you thinking I meant Paul, that’s Boys Dad & hes quite big enough to ride and wear a T-shirt and be registered in his own right. Boys granny and grandad are coming too, tho I havn’t managed to get grandad to enter the oldies race yet.

Lucky boy! 2 years old and 2 unicons appearences;) :smiley:
My son will have to wait for a while before his first one… not to mention the soon to come baby (might come in two weeks, 2 days, 2 hours, 2minutes… wait a second! my phone his ringing…:smiley: :wink:
Hope I’ll meet you there :wink:

Since the food is not included in the registration price, like it was for Fluck, could someone please give an outline of how much money is needed to feed yourself for one day in Denmark? I don’t mean buying sausages from 7-11 all the time, but eating some proper(but cheap) food.

All info greatly appreciated.

I really to know that too! I’m finding a sponsor here, and i already know the prices of the airplane tickets (For two peoples about 3000 dollars)!

My chances to go to UNICON are gettin bigger! :smiley:

Thanks!
Bye :smiley:

Less than TWO weeks until the registration price increases. If you haven’t registered – do it soon and pay right away. If you’ve already registered, make sure you pay in the next two weeks.

Current stats
1 - Australia
2 - Austria / Österreich
2 - Canada
1 - Cyprus
2 - Czech Republic
41 - Danmark / Denmark
235 - Deutschland / Germany
73 - France
7 - Hungary
44 - Italy
24 - Japan
1 - Netherlands
5 - New Zealand
4 - Norway
2 - Poland
16 - Puerto Rico
39 - Schweiz / Switzerland
2 - Singapore
1 - Slovakia
1 - Spain
9 - Sweden
28 - United Kingdom
51 - United States of America
591 Total (453 competitors / 138 non-competitors)
23 Countries!

Workshops now online:
http://www.unicon14.dk/gb/workshops/
There are also detailed information about some of the workshops at:
http://www.unicon14.dk/gb/workshops/workshop-descriptions/
There will be the usual video competition workshop, and two new media workshops. We wil be having a Unicon video competition workshop – but the footage must be taken and any editing is done during Unicon. These videos will be shorter in length and shown at the Farewell Party. Also new – a photo competition! Pictures taken during each day can be submitted for publishing in the Unicon Daily (a one-page information sheet published each morning with details about the day’s events).

We are also working on more detailed information about some of the competitions – hopefully it will be online soon. If anybody has questions – please either email me, ask here, or ask on the Unicon forums:
http://www.unicon14.dk/gb/forum/

Connie Cotter
IUF President
Unicon Consultant

I tried registering, but the website wouldn’t accept my payment. I have a Visa Electron card and when I enter my number a red cross next to the credit card number field appears.

I sent two e-mails to the organisers on Sunday, but thre’s still no reply.

And please enlighten us on the food prices.

Ivan said:

I’ll have to do some digging to find out what happened with the payment. Lone (the person who handles payments) usually only works M-F, and she was just on vacation last week so is probably swamped with work. I’ll let you know.

Food prices: If you are staying in the classrooms, you will be able to use the kitchens there to cook some of your own food. There are also large refrigerators that can be used to store meats, milk, butter, cheese (and possibly some other ‘refreshments’). If you purchase pizzas or other takeout food, you can expect to pay between 40 and 100DKK for each meal. Eating at a restaurant will obviously cost more. There will also be some food at the Unicon venue (probably 3 meals for each day) - but the exact details and prices are still being negotiated.
If you don’t eat out too often, I think you can easily get by on an average of 150DKK per day. If you know you’ll be cooking or purchasing things at a grocery store for most meals, you could even lower that price to 100DKK/day.

Connie

i’m registered but site won’t let me login??

i’m worried, cos when my paydate comes round (28th) i’ll be away and may have to make payment on the hop so to speak. i don’t want to lose the advantage of cheaper rates for early registration.

Login here.