uni vs bike (size plz)

So yeah today I went riding with my bike buddys… Im riding my trials uni (very bad) on the technical dh parts I passed them but on the rest I just coudnt keep up… I dont want go get a coker or a 29… So would a 24" keep up with bikes ? I mean not racing just riding around not too fast

NO to the 24, I just bought a KH29 to replace my Yuni 29 and it is awsome

I know that the 29 has a good advantage when it comes to speed… but I need somehting for techniness and a rim that wont taco

I know that the 29 has a good advantage when it comes to speed… but I need somehting for techniness and a rim that wont taco

wth why did it send that like 10 times sry for that

ive got a kh 24 and it evens it out a little bit, nothing will catch a good biker on a dh though.

Im not looking to catch up to them… it’s more like not having to always sprint to catch up tho

A 24" or 26" will help with the speed and won’t hurt too much with the technical terrain, in fact they might help. Your ability to roll obstacles will improve with the tire size increase but your ability to hop will suffer a bit. When you get to 29" I think that your technical efforts will suffer quite a bit but you’ll get a nice speed boost. I think keeping up with the bikes will be impossible with any unicycle tire size. Those sissies coast down hills, remember?

well I mean they arent pros… and when we actually do go downhill it’s technical so they brake… but I think Im going to go with a 24 then

Yeah, 24 is the best compromise.

unless you’re really fast, they’re really slow, and/or its fantastically technical, you won’t keep up very well unless you’re on a bike. but i’d say 26 muni given your criteria.

well, I dont wanna spend like 600$ for this next uni… and I know that I can get a 24" with kh cranks n hub on it for around 250$ of someone… so Im thinking of going for that over the 26…

KHgearded 24"

I recently did some light riding with my friends who were on bikes, and I was on my KH24. I was totally winded by the end of it having to keep up with em. If you’re going to be with people on bikes a lot, the 29 will be worth the investment. Can’t beat a 24 for DH technical MUni though, those wheels can handle anything.