Uni movie idea

a’la Fear Factor, i’d like to see someone do a side hop from a moving 18wheeler onto another 18wheeler
both travelling at a fair speed

is this possible?

I’d like to try that. The bad thing about this is I can sidehop just about half a meter.

At the weekend I jumped between two rocks, both travelling at 67,000mph. OOoo yeah. :smiley:

Phil

Re: Uni movie idea

Sure. But where’s the movie? :slight_smile:

The hard part about the above stunt, other than staying alive, would be finding enough empty-headed, big-ego, good-looking people age 18-35 who can ride unicycles and want to eat bugs or other icky things.

Ok, since someone else brought up a really really stupid thing to do on a unicycle, I’ve always wondered if the following is possible.

A drop wherein one begins seat in front and ends seat in back (or visa-versa) but where the seat does not pass directly between ones legs. Or put another way, a drop during which the seat passes underneath the wheel.

Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

Re: Re: Uni movie idea

I know a guy who was working on this in 1983, but without the drop. Peter Holmgren of Sweden, one of the early guys to do coasting, gliding and seat drag, also was hopping on the cranks with the seat on the ground in front of him. His object was to get a big enough jump so the seat could swing all the way around underneath.

The obvious drawback of practicing this trick is damage to the seat when you land on it. Those guys used fiberglass resin to reinforce their plastic Miyata (first generation) seats. But he was having trouble getting the height. If he had a nice, bouncy Monty tire, he probably could have made it!

Here’s a picture of Peter on that day, on the unicycle he was using:
http://www.unicycling.com/winteruni/83snowcoast.htm

Not to mention you’d need to find two transport truck drivers high on enough coke to…oh wait, there’s 2.

no 3

oh, there’s another

crap, I’m gonna stick to airplanes

How about a couple of buses?
I’ll drive one.

“johnfoss” <johnfoss.vaxxj@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote in message
news:johnfoss.vaxxj@timelimit.unicyclist.com
> The hard part about the above stunt, other than staying alive, would be
> finding enough empty-headed, big-ego, good-looking people age 18-35 who
> can ride unicycles and want to eat bugs or other icky things.
>
>
…or they could face backwards.

Naomi…and no, I am not volunteering for this, not even as a spectator.

there’s your next muni-game idea,
fear factor with unicycles and marmite!

:slight_smile:

Re: Re: Re: Uni movie idea

Somebody bring some Marmite. I’ll watch.

Those interested will be going for sushi afterward, and anyone who likes it can order some uni (sea urchin).

For Naomi, the bugs thing isn’t from being on the truck, it’s the next stunt on the show. Generally there are three stunts in a one-hour show. The first one is something like jumping between fast-moving speedboats. The second one usually challenges peoples’ gross-out factor, such as eating any and all form of animal parts. The third one is a more spectacular-looking stunt, usually involving a lot of height. Winner gets $50,000 US. Losers hopefully get a little ego adjustment.

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:46:31 -0500, JJuggle
<JJuggle.vaymj@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote:

>a drop during which the seat passes underneath the
>wheel.
Apart from other difficulty, you would probably need to be attached in
some way (maybe toeclips or clipless pedals). Otherwise, if you send
the saddle and frame on their way down, they wouldn’t swing back up
again but the whole uni including wheel would fall away from you.

Or, well, maybe you could solve this by clever use of inertia.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

Grizzly bear droppings have bells in them and smell like pepper spray. - UniBrier