Uni-mentary Trailer

Codybee, is working on a documentary about uncycling. It comes out April 30th, but the trailer is out now and I’m in it.

There will be unicycling in the full documentary but this trailer is made up only from the interviews with the riders and UDC.

I think he’s still looking for amateur footage if anybody want to donate some clips, PM him.

cool!!!
i had a little trouble hearing the people talk. maybe for the final version you could turn up the audio a bit :slight_smile:

I uploaded the wrong video to youtube. Here is the correct trailer for the documentary.

You should not have any problems with the audio on this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIhMnyBex8g

I’m still looking for more footage so if you want to donate some send me a pm.

Did you get my PM? I sent it yesterday. :slight_smile:

thats cool, where can you buy it from of will it just be an online vid?

Looking forward to seeing the end product. How long will the documentry be?

That is gonna be a right goodie!!!
Hurry…

Awesome filming! It looks so great!

Only one question: Why there’s no flat/street? I’m pretty sure most of the riders could send you some clips! And would make it much cooler :wink:

Keep the nice job! The interviews looks awesome!

EDIT: I didn’t read that you want some footage! I will PM you! Check your in box!

Thanks guys!!

Myles
I’m thinking it will be an online video.

Harley
It is suppose to be 15 min but it may be a lot longer.

Will you post it in this thread?

Yea I’ll post it in this thread when I get finished. I just have to get it done now!:smiley:

I could use some video of a penny-farthing if anyone has footage of him or her riding one? It would also be great to have some video of a uni hockey or basketball game.

Nice trailer! Can’t wait to see the real thing!

I saw some stills of a penny-farthing amoung the last few pages of the “Pictures of your latest ride thread”. You might check with the person would posted them about using stills if you can’t fnd video.

hey the guy with the beards name is josh! i talk to him all the time. ive even been in the building they were interviewing in!!!

I’m doing a documentary on unicycling, too, but I didn’t know there was one already in the making. It’s for my senior thesis project…you can read more about it on my thread: Documentary Film on Unicycling

Can’t wait to see this one!

documentary

Forgive me for double-posting–I’m trying to reach a good # of people.

Hi everyone, Joey here…

I know codybee has already made a doc on unicycling, but I chose to make a documentary on unicycling for my senior thesis video BEFORE i knew one was already being made.

Anyhow, my plan is to introduce & educate non-riders/gen. public (target audience) to the world of sport unicycling. I want to cover the five basic styles (freestyle, street, trials, muni, distance) as well as the history and theory behind the sport. I plan to interview anyone and everyone I can along the east coast–from unicycle.com shop in Atlanta, all the way up to the NYC unicycling club (I need to contact these folks…I’ve only just begun pre-production).

Since my documentary is focused on revealing the sport to non-riders using interviews & b-roll (I aim to make it like Stacy Peralta’s docs Zboys and Riding Giants in style/format).

Here are a few questions I plan to present in the interview:
Questions for UniDOC

1. Why unicycling?
    a. Why do you do it opposed to other sports such as skateboarding?
    b. What is special about unicycling/what sets it apart from other sports?
  2. How did you discover the sport?
  3. How did you learn & how long did it take?
  4. What is freestyle/street/trials/muni/distance unicycling?
  5. What kind of reactions do you get (good & bad) from the public?
    a. How do you respond to these (good/bad) reactions?
  6. What is your ultimate goal in the sport?
  7. What is your greatest accomplishment so far?
  8. What riding style do you do the most and why do you like it as opposed to other styles?
  9. Tell us the most embarrassing thing to happen to you while riding in public and what you did about it?
  10. What can unicycling offer to anyone? Name the benefits.
  11. Why should someone learn to unicycle?
  12. What should the public know/understand about unicycling?
  13. Where do you see the sport going in the future? (How it is progressing)
  14. How did unicycling begin as a sport? (history)
    a. When did it begin?
    b. Who started it?
  15. Name some of the big names in the sport (such as Kris Holm).
    a. Who they are
    b. What they represent
  16. For you, what sets unicycling apart from other activities?
  17. Do you have any stories you would like to share about the sport?

If you have any ideas, suggestions, comments, or questions for me–PLEASE feel free to add. If you ride the uni and live between Georgia and NYC, and would love to help me in my documentary (let me interview you/shoot you riding for b-roll)—please contact me!!

I have one year to produce this doc–it should be 10-15 min. in length and will be shot in miniDV NTSC 16:9 format.

send me a PM if you want my email/phone #

-JOEY
(Fred. VA)