Unexpected bout of Uni-Polo courtesy of Tim Gode

All,

On Saturdays, I usually go to a local juggling club in the park. This Saturday, the founder mentioned a friend of his, Tim Gode, was coming up on Sunday at 2pm for a little juggling. I decided “what the heck” and went out, and I mentioned it to Chris. Well, it turns out that Tim Gode plays Unicycle Polo, and he brought most of his equipment, along with his juggling stuff.

Now, for the last week, Chris has been feeling slightly better, and I’ll see him actually do 10 minutes of unicycling. Then he has to stop. So, we made the best of it and got in a 3-point game where Tim kinda showed us the ropes. Then it was Chris and me against Tim and a local 11 year old friend of ours named Slayden.

Needless to say, Tim and Slayden stomped us 3-0 or 3-1, depending on how you count it (I thought the ball was out of bounds so I stopped; but Chris and Tim kept going for it and Chris scored).

It was a lot of fun, but it was extremely difficult for me to get used to even hitting the ball, and being new and on a 24" didnt help. Tim and Slayden creamed us! :slight_smile:

It was a lot of fun, I enjoyed Tim’s visit, and maybe I’ll get the chance to do Unicycle Polo again in the future. Tim encouraged us to get a small league going so the New Orleans group could stuff us. :slight_smile:

Well, thats it for now!

Lewis

Ah so it’s fun. That’s what I like to hear. I don’t know why I’ve got an interest in the idea of unicycle polo, not having tried it, but I have.

I’ve had a look at two bicycle polo sites http://www.bicyclepolo.org/ and http://www.bikepolo.com/ to get an idea of their rules, not sure how they’d translate for the unicycle though.

What rules did you play by? Did you have any?

Cheers, Gary

UniCus,

Chris, Slayden and I had never played before, so Tim skimped on the rules and made it more similar to half-court hockey or something, except that we had little mallets. :slight_smile:

His goal was to hook us. It worked, I just hope we can muster some man-power to actually play now that he has departed.

Lewis