Ultimate Wheel Wanted 24" or larger

Hello,

I want an ultimate wheel 24" 26" 28" 29" 36" (larger size the better) but I’m not willing to spend a lot of money. If someone has one they don’t need I’ll take it for a cheap price.

I’m in Brooklyn, NYC.

Saw one in the North New Jersey craigslist, it says posting expired. Maybe it will come back up soon

UW is a niche within the unicycling niche. These do show up periodically, but not often.

It is super easy to cobble a wooden one together with an old rim, some plywood, and a few dollars worth of nuts, screws, and washers from the hardware store. To that you would have to have a set of 1/2" BMX pedals to make it work, but again they can be had cheap (I bought a pair of Odyssey Twisted PC’s for $10).

I wrote a thread a few years back on how to do it. After seeing a much nicer version of my build by another forum member I rebuilt it with furniture grade plywood, and it’s really very nice. If you don’t have the tools to do it, maybe a friend could help you out. The whole thing could be done with hand tools, but I used a power jig saw to cut the disc of plywood.

Here’s a photo to give you an idea:

That looks a bit more like a “Do Not Enter” icon than a photo … Thank you for the idea, though! Do you think a wooden 36" will be VERY heavy?

Maybe, but if I had an extra 36er rim sitting around I would probably try it. I have a friend who welds, so If I could get an old steel 36er rim I would probably just have him weld one like the one in this video: