Ultimate Wheel: best shoes and pedals for UW, recommendations wanted

Hey,

What pedals and shoes (or pedal shoe combinations) do you prefer for Ultimate Wheel?

Any drawback to really sticky pedals?

I think I prefer metal platform pedals and a high top shoe with a stiff sole, but I’m open to suggestions. Oddly enough, right now I use Nike basketball high tops. They’re pretty good, but I’m sure there’s something better.

Thanks!

There’s a lot of sideways force on the pedals on a UW, so metal pinned pedals make some sense, as long as you’re wearing armor, which you probably are on a UW anyway, right?

I have the Odyssey twisted Pedals on My UW. Thats Platform Pedals in Plastik. They are OK but metall Platform pedals have a bit more grip. I wear indoorsports shoes with a fine profile.

I quit the armor early on. I do need long pants, but cloth protection is sufficient.

QUOTE=Dida;1236452]I have the Odyssey twisted Pedals on My UW. Thats Platform Pedals in Plastik. They are OK but metall Platform pedals have a bit more grip. I wear indoorsports shoes with a fine profile.
[/QUOTE]

I’m going to switch to some metal pedals.

Is there a pedal that would do the trick and not give nasty bites?

Have you seen the Wellgo B108R pedals? plactic but with removeable metal pins? I’ve not tried them or seen them in the flesh but they could be good…