Ultimate Wheel-5m in 5 mins

I built an Ultimate wheel 1.5 years ago, tried it a couple of times unsuccesfully and put it away to collect dust. Took it out today, cleaned it, pumped up the tyre and went out to practice. After 5mins I rode 5m and 10mins later Iwas riding 10m. I’m one happy vegemite

Nice work. Please tell me we got another Aussie on the forum!

The ultimate wheel has the steepest learning curve. You go from thinking it is impossible and that you’ll never get it to riding a few turns in no time at all. Don’t tell everyone, though, as it is my only trick :wink:

Nick

Great work Gabe, that’s amazing!

Robbie, I rode with Gabe in a 24hr MTB race a while back…in Australia. :slight_smile:

Andrew

Great work!

For a moment there, I thought KMM was staring to post. :smiley:

Score maybe us Aussies can build up enough members on this forum to over power them, and Andrew can be our dictator!

I learned to ride my ultimate wheel at the convention in Minnesota last year. I bought it from Darren, practiced a few hours, entered the ultimate wheel race and finished the 30 meter race. I didn’t have the best time (I think I had the slowest time of anyone who finished) but I finished. Wheee!

I haven’t practiced much on my ultimate wheel much since then. I need to dedicate some time to get competent on it. At this time I’m not very good at riding it.

Re: Ultimate Wheel-5m in 5 mins

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 05:37:13 -0600, nickjb wrote:

>The ultimate wheel has the steepest learning curve. You go from
>thinking it is impossible and that you’ll never get it to riding a few
>turns in no time at all.

Ah, it has been some time since I saw so someone use the expression
“steep learning curve” in the original (and of course correct) sense.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

“Heck, even my toes were aching from trying to grip the soles of my shoes! - Tommy Thompson”

Well, Klaas Bil, I didn’t think you’d stay away for long! :0)

And I agree: “learning curve” is a useful concept devalued by sloppy use of the term. It’s nice to see it used properly.

Pedants of the world unite. It’s the pedants’ revolt, led by Which Tyler…