[UK] Snowdon 2009 - 24th October [UK]

Bummer - that was the best bit of it IMO. Definitely a 29er route without those bits. It was quite fast (downwards) on the 26 even with the rock gardens.

Rob

Cheers guys, that’s reassuring then. I’ll pick a date and get some sponsors on the go.

One more question though, the voluntary ceasefire of MTB’s between 10am and 5pm, does that apply to Uni’s?
I think i’d better ask for some advice or permission off someone official but I was wondering if it was easier to apologise after the event than go through red tape before the event…

Cheers again, you guys never cease to amaze me in the generosity of your time!

Bob

I think the ceasefire applies to all cycling on the mountain during the summer season. If you go out of season (May-september I think), then you can ride any time of day you like. We normally go in April or October.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:
Edd

Ceasefire or not, Snowdon gets so busy during the warmer months that it’s not really worth doing when you’re not supposed to as you’ll just be dodging round walkers all the time. Do it out of season and you’ll have a much clearer and much more enjoyable run down!

I would have come along as well… oops, I love Snowdon. It is great for Muni.

Roger

Thanks fellas. I’m looking at getting up there in the day and then Uni’ing down after 5pm.
The date looks like it’ll be 7th August as a pencil mark.

Thanks for the tip about going out of season but there is simply not enough time to go before then, cos of work and other s*ite.

Cheers for your sage advice and words of wisdom.

I just hope that I manage it with enough control. I’m gonna revisit the Wrekin by Telford and have a few goes on the steeper bits and try to visit Cannock Chase MTB Centre just to get some practise in…

Laters,

Bob

The Llanberis path isn’t steep at all. In fact, the steepest bit is probably the road at the bottom - that’s quite a thigh-killer!

Rob