UK - Muni locations list.

Ok well I esp would like to get out more and go on these trails and stuff.

Please post names / location and a brief discription of good muni spots in the UK.

Penmachno > Penmachno / North Wales.
Wirral Way > Hooton to West Kirby / Liverpool area > Old train line.

The man made stuff in Wales is fabulous (Afan, Cwncarn, CyB)

Good mix of techy but rideable singletrack and fire road.

Snowdon in wales of course, the miner’s track up and the llanberris path down.
Shotover country park in Oxford is good.
Burton Dasset country park just off the M40 at gaydon, no set paths as such but lots of technical stuff.

Dyserth to Prestatyn old railway.
Some woods behind Trelawnyd (the Trelawnyd Millenium footpath).
And I’m hoping to try the shorter path round Llyn Brenig in Denbigh on Friday.

Cathy

Dartmoor! My favourite circuit is from Princetown, past South Hessary Tor, towards Nun’s Cross, down a superb three-mile bit of rocky track down to Burrator Reservoir, round the lake, through Sheep’s Tor village, up a steep road climb back onto the moor, past the old mine workings (don’t fall down the shafts), drop down to Nun’s Cross and rejoin the path back to Princetown.

The long rocky downhill section down to the reservoir is very much like Snowdon on a smaller scale.

Rob

Queen Elizabeth Country Park near Petersfield in Hampshire has a few decent official trails. If you go at off-peak times or in bad weather there are less chances of being splattered by bikes and I’ve even overtaken some less able (or confident) cyclists up and down some of the fun lumpy bits!
The ranger staff don’t mind unicycles but kicked out some mountain boarding friends of mine. Serves them right, using gravity is cheating :slight_smile:

better idea, post your locations on our frapper map thing :smiley:

then we all can look em up :sunglasses:

NOT the mountain bike route round Llyn Brenig.

Cathy

This is a great resouce for trails:

http://trails.mtbr.com/trailscrx.aspx

Remember to not really care about the rating, as mountainbikers will give a bad rating to a fantastic MUni trail because of speed, technicality etc, that doesn’t really concern us.