Ugly Update

That pic takes me back to my childhood ‘mechano’ days!

Hopefully the owner is already married or has no intentions of getting married. I doubt anyone could attract women with a frame that ugly.

wow,im not alone.
I was starting to think that i was the only one here not smoozing the maker for a freebee :roll_eyes:

Sure it’s ugly, but it must be pretty light right?

-Budd-

Bright idea

Whoever gets the frame should find a way to light it up from the inside. That would make it a real cool frame to ride in the dark.
Get some battery powered fairy lights and head out into the night
:slight_smile:

Re: Bright idea

That’s actually not a bad idea. Do they make flourescent tubes durable enough to slip inside the fork legs and not break during riding? Having one solid shaft of light inside pouring out each hole would be sweet. Imagine riding through fog. Maybe you could put tiny lenses over each of the holes to focus the light into concentrated beams.

thats one heavy duty ride. I like it! good work.
Very cool idea about the lights, that would be pefect for night parades, or just riding a night.

Like most of Steve’s artworks, I’m sure the new owner will put it to good use. It’d be interesting to see if they stick with the “a natural” color or decide to improve it with some form of lighting.

I’m squeemish of injury photos too. Now that you mention it though, my shin is healing. I shaved the hair around the deep wound so Band-Aids will come off easier. Right now my shin is very ugly. Not sure which looks worse - my shin or the frame.

Don’t worry John - The frame’s going far, far away from you and me both! Couldn’t be much farther from you and still be in the US.

It’s lighter than it looks - about 2.5 pounds.

I like the light in the frame idea too, but anything that’s done to this frame will be an improvement. The guy that’s getting the frame (and claims he wants it) has built some pretty nice looking uni’s in the past. It could be said that he had a keen sense of style. I wonder what happened?

Steve Howard

Whew!!! I was worried that it might have been destined for Harper or UniBrier. That would have been a little too close for my comfort. :slight_smile:

Now, don’t count your chickens before they hatch (or in my case; count your hens before you know how many of the chicks are going to be roosters :wink: ). Mounted horizontally the frame would make a great roost in my pullet coop.

Didn’t Forrest Gump say “Ugly is as Ugly does”?

Maybe ugly in form but I see function. How about a custom Coker frame of this design. You could put any wheel size in it and use the holes for adjustable brake bosses.

Something to think about. You may really want one. :roll_eyes:

God bless this individual if (s)he can make any improvements on the aesthetic value of this object.
How’s “project Cinderella” sound?
Taking a pile of rags and trying to make it suitable for aristocrats?

if u can’t tell the difference between an opinion and a schmooze i’d suggest rethinking your career in politics

:o

Re: Ugly Update

In article <showard.o4ig2@timelimit.unicyclist.com>,
showard.o4ig2@timelimit.unicyclist.com (showard) wrote:

>
> Here’s another view of the ugly rascal -
>
>
> ±---------------------------------------------------------------+
> | Attachment filename: ugly frame 1.jpg |
> |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/142783|
> ±---------------------------------------------------------------+
>
> –
> showard - ------
I think it looks like it was made from a big boy’s Meccano set. I like it
though. I’m sure it will turn heads, even among unicyclists.

Liam

==========================================================

*Get paid to review nearly anything!
*Get paid £1 - £5 to take part in each survey(2 - 3 surveys per month).
*Win cash prizes for your reviews.

http://www.uk.ciao.com/reg.php?FriendId=5327057

No lukewarm feelings here, I actually think it looks really, really kickin’.

Has that cool “industrial” look; has anyone ever made a frame out of diamond plate?

The only thing is it does have that plain look about it; it needs some kind of dressing, like a chain welded around the crown or something.

-Ramon

A German guy made a trials uni that had a bit of diamond plate. From what I can recall, it isn’t the lightest design.
<http://www.einrad-ist-besser-als-keinrad.de/unitrial07-v-two-01.shtml&gt;
<http://www.unitrials.de>

Yup. Does look heavy!

He says it weighs 900grams.

Anyways, Steves uni, i think, looks rather cool! It would look really good with a light inside it! Like the one you can now get for them computers with clear plastic sides!

Joe,

Edit: Just done this on paint… (you have to imagine they are lights, k? and that the spary paint round the rim is the ‘glow’ off the lights!)

here it is…

ugly frame with lights.jpg

I can’t believe this uni popped up again after all these years.

If you need to add it to your collection, check out this TradePost thread:

Check our EL Wire. It’s cheap and works great :slight_smile: