UDC United States selection....

Im looking to order an isis freestyle wheelset for somebody on our team. Looking at UDC they have no freestyle rims except the KH Flatland which i dont really think is necessary for a freestyle wheelset, something cheaper would do just fine… Then if you click on wheelsets there are only trials wheelsets. So we called in today and asked if we could just order the ISIS wheelset off the nimbus eclipse with 89mm cranks and they turned us down. They basically told us we would have to order all the seperate parts (KH Flat rim, nimbus hub, spokes, nimbus venture 89mm cranks) and the labor for a wheel build which with shipping would come out to around 180+ … Any one else dissapointed with the selection or know of where i can get a freestyle ISIS wheelset?

What’s Going On?

Yeah. I just went to UDC to spec a 24" Muni. I was planning to order the Nimbus with KH 150mm cranks. But…no KH 150mm cranks at UDC. In fact, the overall selection of cranks is pretty bad.

Then I thought I might try the German UDC, where I’ve ordered before. They don’t even have the Nimbus 24" Muni in stock in either black or orange. They also don’t have the KH 24" Muni nor do they have the 150mm KH cranks.

Wish I knew what’s going on.

They probably have a major shipment arriving any day now. They should have more toys in stock soon.

Whole wheels/cranksets are probably very slow sellers, except for Trials/Street wheels, which probably need replacing more. Yes, I’d be tempted to order a pair of 165mm Moments if they were in stock at the moment… :stuck_out_tongue:

For a 20" freestyle wheel you’re probably better off just ordering the hub (and cranks if needed) and going to your LBS for a BMX rim and spokes (they’ll figure out the spoke size your need). If you don’t build wheels they can build it for you too.

For a 20" freestyle wheel you’re probably better off just ordering the hub (and cranks if needed) and going to your LBS for a BMX rim and spokes (they’ll figure out the spoke size you need). If you don’t build wheels they can build it for you too.

how about a deal on some used ones?

they twittered the other day that they just had containers come in so maybe they will have more selections in about a week once they unload.

If you are offering to sell me a used pair of 165mm ISIS cranks, please send me an email right away. It’s in my sig line. I’m interested. I have a century ride coming up on June 5 and would need to try them out for lots of miles so it would have to happen quick… Make me an offer! :slight_smile:

Hey John, get some of the new Ventures, lighter than moments and less q factor, and they are the 7000 series alu, so plenty strong. Not sure if they’re on the site yet, but that’ what is spec’d on the Oregon.