Tyre rotation

Following from the Hill Climbing thread…

To rotate your tyre 90 degrees, you have to deflate it, possibly half remove it, make sure your tube isn’t pinched and the valve isn’t under stress, then rebed the tyre and reinflate it.

So why not just whip the cranks off and move them round 90 degrees? A few seconds work.

Re: Tyre rotation

If you have two bald spots and rotate 90 degrees, you can only rotate once.
But if you rotate 60 degrees you can do it twice and get even longer tire
life.

—Nathan

“Mikefule” <Mikefule.b8lzb@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote in message
news:Mikefule.b8lzb@timelimit.unicyclist.com
>
> Following from the Hill Climbing thread…
>
> To rotate your tyre 90 degrees, you have to deflate it, possibly half
> remove it, make sure your tube isn’t pinched and the valve isn’t under
> stress, then rebed the tyre and reinflate it.
>
> So why not just whip the cranks off and move them round 90 degrees? A
> few seconds work.
>
>
> –
> Mikefule - Roland Hope School of Unicycling

if you have Profiles,you can rotate the cranks over the 48 splines for some serious tyre longevity. :sunglasses:

I usaually rotate my cranks about 35 degrees every two weeks. sometimes longer or shorter if i start to see wear.

Max rotates them in opposite directions usually very rapidly and irrecoverably. That’s about the same time he starts to see wear.

I also ride alot on concrete with my DH tires, they dont last so long without rotation. I had my Kujo for about 2 months before that had three bald spots and had to be replaced, which is why I now rotate more often.

the durometer on my Monty is so low that i have to rotate it every week or two.the Monty tire is also the tightest tire at the bead i’ve ever used.to get the tire off 3 levers is practicly a necessity,ive done it with 2 but the levers dont last long that way.i want to try the Onza to compare.

the Gazz is cake to get off compared to the Monty bead.Pedro’s has a new thick yellow lever set out that i would recommend.