Two people want to learn (finally)

My girlfriend’s 10 year old niece came to visit and was very interested in my uni. A couple of us held her on either side and rolled her around (very labor intensive.) The next day she wanted to do that again, and I said, why don’t you really try to learn instead of us rolling you on it? So I gave her some shin pads, wrist guards and my helmet, put the seat in the lowest position and set her up between 2 cars. We did several sessions over the 5 days she was here.

She was very sad to leave it, but secretly her mom asked her dad to get his old uni from grandma’s garage…

Also a local adult friend told me she wants me to teach her. I’m so happy!

That is soooooooo cool!!!

hmmm, doesn’t sound like the smartest idea. but meh…what do i know

Really odd, but I seem to agree with you on this one…

We’re probably both crazy.

Gents, just to be clear, the cars weren’t moving.

heck… I learned with just one car! :slight_smile:

quote:

Originally posted by WWUunicycler
hmmm, doesn’t sound like the smartest idea. but meh…what do i know

quote:

Originall posted by DustinMichels
Really odd, but I seem to agree with you on this one…

Well, yeah, I kinda assumed that :stuck_out_tongue: . It’s just that I’m 21 and about a level 5 and my parents are still a little uneasy about me riding even close to the cars for fear that I might scratch one. The thought of hearing a beginner ride between two cars makes me think that either 1. the cars are junk anyway, 2. the parents really trust the child, or 3. don’t really car about the cars!!

heck, i didnt have anything to hold on to when i learned:p

I was right behind her the whole time. Bumping into the cars was minimal. Besides, I don’t really care about my car and didn’t tell my girlfriend about the potential danger to hers!