Two interesting reactions

On the bus ride on Sunday back from my first juggling convention, I ended up sitting beside a rough looking chap. He had several tatoos, including the knuckle dots from Mountjoy Prison in Dublin, and several knife-scars on his face and neck. He was in a good mood, and I was chatting away to him, told him about the unicycle, how much weight I had lost since I took it up, how much money I had made in 4 hours busking on the main street of my home town, how long it took me to learn… The thing that surprised him the most was how I could cope with my friends taking the mickey and calling names. I tried to explain to him that I don’t have any friends that call people names, but he couldn’t understand, thought I was joking or mad or both.
Then on Monday after work, I went to the butchers to get my dinner, with the uni over my shoulder. The butcher was a nice man, and he said “Where’s your other wheel?” Before I responded wryly as usual, I realised that he was genuinely concerned that I had had half of my bike stolen. I explained that it was supposed to be like that, but he didn’t believe me. A bit of friendly argument ensued, and after a couple of minutes, the 3 staff and 5 customers in the shop were laughing and joking, and placing bets on whether I’d be able to ride it out of the shop. Well out I rode, and the butcher shop erupted in cheers and applause behind me.

Ha, ha, prety good stories both of 'em!

thanks for telling us about your uni encounters with interesting folks.

Erin