TWNR US Release: Updated Info

Hi everyone, the updated info is just about the same as the last info…

The date is still Feb 19th (the only date I can actually do this event)

In order to ride at the event, you (or your parent) need to sign a waiver, I will be posting one here when I get it.
Only riders have to pay, spectators are free, but may not bring in a unicycle with them.

I have to pay $150 min anyways, so either pay me by money order or check in advanced, or at the door, BUT…you will not be allowed in if you are not on the list I submit on Jan 30. I will be submitting the list to him with (rider) or (spectator) checked off, so please email me if you are coming for sure, and who will be coming with you. And like before, the first 10 emails I get will get the $15 admission price. (all prices are in US funds)

The movie will be available for $18

Check out the initial thread for more info, like Dave Lowell’s posting of hotel info…

(but please keep any replies in this thread)

http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36914

Thanks

There is a white space painted on the wall that can be darkened to play the movie better. A screen will offer a better picture, so I will try to get one.

We can bring any wheel size we want.

Spectators cannot bring in a unicycle

Riders can bring in a few different unicycles (only people who pay may ride though)

Thanks

sorry about my last post on the other thread, haha

That was supposed to read a white space painted on a wall in a room that can be darkened

The unofficial list right now is roughly 10 riders and some spectators (so far it’s already a very nice NYMW reunion!)

Video of me riding my Coker at Rays

I have intended for some time now to post a video of my Coker riding at Rays last month (and for an even much longer timeframe… to complete the video of my uptown skatepark riding). I do my editing at a studio I have to rent time in since I don’t have editing software/equipment at home and I have encountered many difficulties, including my work being wiped out twice! I do, however, have a low resolution version of a decent version of my work in progress “Skatepark/Rays” video, even though the file size is quite large (53.3 megs). I lost a good amount of my work after I burned the low rez version, so I didn’t have a chance to burn the high rez version (which would have probably been about 1.5 Gigs). I really wanted to give you guys an opportunity to see just how awesome a place Rays is to ride a unicycle!!! I wanted you to see the high resolution version so you can really appreciate some of the obstacles (especially the elevated skinny I attempted to ride a few times… which is particularly difficult to see clearly in the low rez version of the video), but it could take me a while to get back to where I was and the number of days til Brian’s great event at Rays are getting fewer and fewer! Therefore I have decided that I will most likely post the video to the forum (or perhaps the NYUC site if Dave Lowell is willing to post it there) so that you guys can have a chance to at least see some footage (even if its low rez) of uni riding at the amazing Rays MTB! Unfortunately, Dave Lowell’s riding is not featured in this version (which I intended), but he will be making some appearances in releases of future versions of my video. There is one other issue that I need to address and I would very much appreciate your cooperation. Rays MTB park was designed for mountain bikes, NOT 36" wheel unicycles (known to us as “Cokers”). Being that I am sitting a good foot higher than the mountain bikers, I unfortunately learned the hard way that there was not enough clearance from some of the beams and rafters in the ceiling of the warehouse for a Coker to succesfully ride some of the larger/higher ramps in the expert section of the course! This is by no means Ray’s fault, because as I mentioned previosly… the course was designed for mountain bikes, NOT Cokers! Thus this post should also serve as a safety alert to anyone who intends to go to Ray’s to ride a Coker (or any unicycle or bicycle that places you at a greater height than a typical mountain bike) that you should ALWAYS check the clearance of any ramp for which you have the slightest doubt about the clearance BEFORE riding it! Because the low rez version of my video does show my unfortunate incident (which I did not intend to include on the version that I would upload), I do not want my video to be the source of any negative publicity for Rays… the place is way to awesome! I hope my video will have the opposite effect… that people will see how much fun it is to ride there and will simply recognize that it was my stupidity for riding my Coker on such a high ramp without checking the clearance first! Hopefully, my lack of judgement should prevent the rest of you from making the same mistake! In any case, please be mindful that Ray is concerned about the possibility that a clip of my video showing the footage of my unfortunate incident at his park could circulate around the Internet rather quickly if someone extracted that segment and sent it to his/her friends (who send it to their friends and so on…) generating negative publicity. Thus I would very much appreciate if that segment of my video is NOT extracted and distributed on its own. As a matter of fact, the entire video is intended for the community of unicyclists on this forum and other unicyclists (or perhaps Mountain Bike enthusiasts) that you want to show it to… but NOT as a mishap/gag clip for the general public to view! I would very much appreciate your cooperation regarding this matter and the cooperation of anyone you should send it to (please advise them). Thank you in advance! All that being said, the updated low rez version of my skatepark/Rays video should be online by Friday, January 7 (or Thursday, Jan. 6th, if possible), but you better have a high-speed connection (or plan on waiting forever for it to download), since its 53.3 Megs (and almost 7.5 minutes). Hope you enjoy it and it inspires you to get yourself (and your Uni’s) to Brians Release/Ride party at Rays amazing facility!!!
HCR

Ray’s alcohol policy has changed…we can no longer consume alcohol there. There will be other drink and snack on it it’s place.

Anybody who is going to be there around supper time and wants to come out with me+leeanne+peter+allison+d5+HCR, we would love to have you! (I just self included those last two, and now they are locked in)

We call it dinner. :slight_smile:

I guess I’ll go. I have to. I’m locked in.

Here’s an important shout to whoever is going…

MAKE YOUR HOTEL RESERVATIONS NOW!!!

The “Advance Purchase Rate” has gone up from $59 to $69 (USD). Soon, you will not get the special rate. Then you will have to pay $89 per night ($79 if you have AAA). Do not delay any longer!

For the hotel info I previously posted, look here. The Holiday Inn (at the Cleveland Airport) is the official hotel of the TWNR World Premier Party.

Go to Holiday Inn - Cleveland Airport and enter the dates you will be staying. Leave the Rate Preference to “Best Available”. That should give you the Advance Purchase Rate (which is better than the AAA rate). If it doesn’t, then you are too late. Go back and select AAA if you have it. Note that you are not able to cancel if you select Advance Purchase Rate. They will charge you for the full stay no matter what.

See you at Ray’s!

Edit: are we eating at MacKenzie’s Bar and Grill?!?! :slight_smile:

Edit2: I made the hotel link go straight to our hotel instead of their main page.

Only if they serve steak, hamburgers, and BEER!

Go to the Great Lakes Brewery if you want delicious beer, and great food. Its up there on my top places to go in Cleveland.

Here is a current version of the ride list. Some people have expressed an interest, but if you are not on the list as it’s posted in this thread, you are not confirmed, and need to be if you wish to come. People are noted as ® riding, or (S) spectating.

With all the mention of rolling trials in the threads in RSU, and the talks of not including smaller wheel in the event (and references to tracks at Ray’s) that this is not the case with the release party. While we will certainly be able to put into practice many of the things HCR has been mentioning, this event is focused on everyone, and as I recall HCR mentioning, there is even a trials section. (Rolling Trials will certainly be tested out by those interested, but is not the focus of the whole event. it would certainly be a great time to put some experience into the wheel size issue, with riders on their favourite unicycle seeing how wheel size will even make a difference. Anyone coming who rides a 29r?)

Any wheelsize is encouraged to make it’s way out.

I will also be bringing the UW36 for those wanting to try it out. (I’m going to have to limit myself to the lower tracks with this one!)

There will also be two video cameras there (Spickydoo now has the same one used in the filming of TWNR…it’s piture quality leaves little to be desired!)

The list:

Brian MacKenzie ®
Leeanne MacKenzie (S)
Dave Lowell ®
Andrew (HCR…why can’t I picture Andrew’s last name? ®
Peter Sanford ®
Allison Sanford (S)
Tim Braun ®
Nick Vadala ®
Jim Vadala ®
Earl Vadala (S)
Kyle Grasso ®
Joshua Torrans ®

There are 2 more spots available at $15 (I’ll pass mine off :slight_smile: ) any additional riders will need to pay the $20 admission

Please reply using the given format

im liking how this is coming out. those at the NYMW who remeber my kona hardtail mountain bike will have a plesant surprise when they see the new (and expensive$$$) changes i’ve made to it:D definitely north shore or Rays rated now. and swat, bring that green masterpiece of yours again im dying to do some more coasting! brian, i got space in the hotel with u right? jus checkin so i can plan ahead instead of procrastinating like usual. oh yeah Nick Cegelka might be able to show up too. hes got some friends from clevland.

No problem on bringing the coaster, I just need to get another seat for it.

whats wrong with the seat? if its just the cover thats ok i got a new miyata cover and some foam just beggin for a place to go lol:p

I mentioned that Richard Aschenbrenner (Spickydoo) was going and would probably want to split a room with you, as we already have a full room (I don’t know what his hotel room plans are though) I would suggest anyone looking to split up a room with someone, this might be a good place to organize that.

Brian MacKenzie ®
Leeanne MacKenzie (S)
Dave Lowell ®
Andrew (HCR…why can’t I picture Andrew’s last name? ®
Peter Sanford ®
Allison Sanford (S)
Tim Braun ®
Nick Vadala ®
Jim Vadala ®
Earl Vadala (S)
Kyle Grasso ®
Joshua Torrans ®
Richard Aschenbrenner ®
Digital Attrition…is that Joe Graff?

No, digitalattrition is me, Nick Vadala.

Joe Graff is onewheelwizzard.

im cool with splittin a room to help keep costs down. whos willing to join me?

Just in case Rich doesn’t see this, he told me he’s in

Brian, Do you have an updated list of who’s going? Just like to know who’s gonna be there:D I know Kyle is now going to motorama.