Turtle's V is back!

Turtle, that is a whole lot of uni you got there :smiley:

FYI, the Magicahine batteries were recalled and are being replaced with new batteries, but you need to go through the recall process. I got my batteries replaced last Fall, the new batteries work great!

The problem with the batteries is that the charge/discharge circuit did not meet quality control specs, so some of the batteries can overcharge or discharge, in either case they can overheat and catch fire.

They are not safe to be charged in a bucket, seriously, these are lithium batteries and if they catch fire it is bad, very bad. Do not store these batteries in your home, garage, or shed. I turned in my batteries to a battery store who handled the recycling and signed my return affadavit, it was easy.

Follow this FAQ link and learn how to exchange your batteries:

http://www.geomangear.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=20

Which is the angle of your “V- turtle”? 30-35 degrees?

@ben: thanks! i wrote to the place where i ordered them, they said i got already the new batteries…

@Alvaro Beltran de Heredia: it’s more like 40 degrees

I’ve also got a Magicshine MJ808 (with new batteries) and loving every minute of it. For £65 incl. postage I couldn’t really go wrong.

Despite the cheap price the only major gripe I have is how tight the connection is between the battery and the light - I think one of the wires is going to die an early death at some point.

The beam shape’s also not great for riding on road as it does blind oncoming traffic a bit - it really needs to be letterboxed a bit more for most of the riding I do although I often get round bends to find car drivers waiting for me as they’ve seen the light thinking it was another car/motorbike.

I’ve added some plastic (out of an old LCD monitor) which is effectively a very low line count per mm diffraction grating to spread the light out horizontally and create less of a spot. This is in place of the glass front which due to the drops unicycles have it’s probably a bit safer like that too.