turn terminology

>> I worked up to doing spins by learning to make very tight ‘leaning turns’ (as
>> opposed to action/reaction turns).

>what is the difference there?

Don’t blame Beirne, this is the terminology I use. I got it from The Unicyle
Book by Jack Wiley, © 1973 Anyone feel free to provide translation to more
common or up-to-date terms.

leaning turn – accomplished leaning in the desired direction

action/reaction turn – accomplished by spreading the arms wide and twisting the
torso in such a way as to pivot the wheel

Leaning turns are gradual and smooth Action/reaction turns are abrupt and jerky

Most turns are a combination of the above but two separable techniques
are involved.

| Dennis Kathrens | “Where’s the other wheel?” |
| d.kathrens@genie.geis.com | “Wait here, it’ll be along in a minute” |