tucking sif?

it would make the best conversation starter though.

Wow, I’m the opposite. I find that with a lower seat, I can pull it up higher and tuck better.

Well, we’re talking like compared to a Brian Lundgren seat height.

Yeah, if Cody’s seat gets twisted a few degrees or if he gets something stick on it then he will just cry.

when you hit your chin on the frame… was that an upd?

No, I proceeded to stand up and clean the line, but my chin hurt.

ouch!
i wonder how much longer it is till someone loses the seat all together and just uses a handle on top of the seatpost

not a bicycle handlebar set
just a handle

That would be pretty uncomfortable to sit on.

Maybe we should replace the wheel with just a big peg and maybe have some springs so you can bounce higher.

Im just learning to ride sif but when i hop i bash my thighs any tips?

hah sorry but i thought that was a funny comment

But if i want to learn sif tucking must i learn it on low things 45cm or high things 60cm for me?

learn on whatever you are comfortable on.

I good way to learn is to do lots of tucks on the ground before you start riding.

What he tried to say is that he is only tucking, not hopping. So his upper body kinda stays on the same stop, and just his legs go up.

Not sure if that made more sense…

No, I am talking about this.

Before you start riding, as a warmup, do this.

hold onto a car or a wall or something, and just practise tucks on the ground. just squat down onto the unicycle like twenty times.

Here is the problem with my SIF hops,

9 times out of 10, I don’t hit my prehop well and it’s all wobbly. What I mean by this is that I don’t land right, thus decreasing my height. Is there any sort of practice that I could do to fix this.

Thigh Bashing on SIF

When I first started doing SIF I used to notice huge black and blue marks right in the middle of my inner left thigh and to a lesser extent on my inner right hand thigh. Keep in mind that I hold the saddle with my right hand. I didn’t know what they were for a while. It turrns out that I was banging my inner thighs with the back saddle bumper when returning to SI after landing the jump. Once I got better at SIF I started putting that saddle back to the SI position in a much calmer manner and I rarely get the bruises anymore.

Unicorn

lol, yesterday I hit myself in the mouth with my saddle Sif :smiley:

Haha I have been smacked in the face a couple of times, my back foot has slipped off my pedal and I full on smashed myself in the face.

lol i know the feeling except i did the same but hit my chest.

I was practising tucking on some 15" ledges (just to see how much I could tuck without putting pressure on the ground), and hit my chin. I felt stupid.