Tubeless trials?

Very intriguing idea.

mtb threads on going tubeless.

I also think this could be a big problem. Some others seem to be: the tire bead and rim wall need to be really strong to get a good seal and prevent rim blow-out. The Stans used in the conversion needs to be reapplied every few months (Arizona) to a year (Northern states) depending on the heat of your area, if the tire hasn’t worn out.

The benefits seem to be less weight reduced thorn and pinch flats, and ability to run lower air pressure. But the need to keep the pressure up to prevent “burps” may cancel that last one out, unless you never land sideways.

a guy i rode with had it on his mod bike. It burped every time he landed a little bit sideways. Needless to say he kept it for about 2 rides. its realy not worth the 5grams you save. but if you wana try it go for it

Yeah, reasults! Bad results, but its better than just talk.

Anyways, ill probably still try it, but on my coker instead.

i want a tubeless trials tyre - despite the feasibility of it. I just popped my inner tube… for the nth time…

You could try and find a realy thick tube

now thats not a bad idea.

there is no such thing as a tubeless trials tire

Im thinking of going with this on my trials.

I dont want to use it for weight savings, or to run low pressures. Its gonna be fun, and maybe messy. =p

Why is everyone hell bent on ass kissing?

:roll_eyes:

they put higher pressure so that the tire doesn’t bottom out, it does the same crap it does to you to them, but at higher PSI

the problem i see with a tubeless trials is that the tire would pull off the rim when you do fold it over on a good sized sidehop.