Tubeless Nightrider!

A blow out could also damage a bead making it more likely to happen again.

I plan on going tubeless when I get a 36er again.

For pressure I don’t think i would go over 40 when riding tubeless. one great thing about tubeless is you don’t need such high pressures to reduce the rolling resistance.

If you do give up, I recommend switching to a 29er tube as the weight saving is almost as good as tubeless. The main problem is getting the tyre back on afterwards.

thanks for the responses guys. I am pretty sure I didn’t damage the bead with the tire levers, I was careful, I ghess it could be possable the first was from to high pressure and that made the second more likely, I have my 36" tube back installed for now. maybe Ill try tubeless or a 29er tube again soon. I noticed on another thread chuckaeronut said,

“Quote”
"I ride 29er tubes exclusively in my 36. Not only is the weight difference quite noticable, but 29er tubes are $3.99 at performance bike.

I’ve probably trashed four 29er tubes in my life, but now I get them in cleanly every time. My first few, I talc’d as was mentioned above, but if you get it in with a bit of air in it (so it stays round instead of flattening out around the rim, sneaking under your tire beads), and massage it with your hands until you think that it’s pretty close to evenly stretched all the way around, it should work just fine.

That said, I have had three blowouts of my Nightrider tire: one at 65 PSI, one at 60, and one at 50. I think it’s a problem with the tire, though, and not a consequence of my having used a smaller tube. A 36" tube pushes out on the tire just as much as a 29" tube does, so I don’t see why one tube would cause the tire to have a better chance of blowing off the rim. I could imagine a 29er tube popping inside of the tire, without the bead coming off the rim’s clincher, but … that just doesn’t really happen. I’ve never heard of it, and it’s never happened to me."

Maybe the nightrider has issues?
thanks again, Ill keep you posted.
Rah-Bee

Uni to work to eat to live to uni to work to…!
chuckaeronut is offline Report Post Reply With Quote