Truckee Muni Ride

Beau and I had the pleasure of driving up to Truckee (near Lake Tahoe in
California) last Sunday with John Foss and Rob Bowman. In all, we had 12
riders, with our local guide Lloyd. Starting from his house we rode 1/2 mile
to an area with lots of interesting structures he’s built. After play time
there, we did a 6 mile loop up a hill and down a local trail that he started
long ago, now called “Lloyd’s Trail”. It was great fun on the twisty rocky
singletrack with a number of diverting side attrations. After that, only a
few of us had energy for more playing on the structures, then home we went.

Here are a few pictures: http://community.webshots.com/album/89564670BoslJr

—Nathan

Great photos Nathan! You guys are so lucky. I guess I am too…this is what I’m going to ride around on these holidays. The structures in the photos make up only about 1/3 of the northshore stuff there and that’s at the moment. They’re constantly building more and more. Soon there will be more skinnys and fun stuff like that…I can’t wait to try it out.

Just curious…how old’s Beau? He’s getting really good.

Thanks for the photos,
Andrew

Great shots! I’ll get mine posted as soon as I can, but there’s a huge backlog of Alaska pictures first. And MUni Weekend stuff. Got to get a bunch of pictures together for that site, to show people where they’ll be riding…

Sunday was great. Thanks Lloyd for having us, and think ahead to MUni Weekend 2004; that’s where we will probably be!

is there somthing going on in Alaska? a muni week-end?

Sweet!
Lake Tahoe was an excellent muni weekend. I want to go back.

A trip. We started at the home of Kris Holm, and ended at the home of George Peck. Unfortunately, this was a cruise, and we didn’t get a chance to see either one of them, or their hometowns. Bus rides through both (Vancouver and Seward)!

But if you’ve never been to Alaska and you’re me, you’ll take about 1.3GB of digital pictures, plus 9 rolls of film! :smiley:

Re: Truckee Muni Ride

Andrew, looks like you have some fun stuff there too! Beau is 11 and riding
strong.

Have fun,
Nathan

Beau looks awesome on the rocks and the log. I can tell I have a long way to go before I will ever ride like these boys.

Great photos. A very humbled, --chirokid–