Tricycle car jacking

i was reading the newspaper and found this article i thought was verey interesting.

"In Salem, Ore., tricycle-assisted carjacking goes awry
Copyright © 2003 Nando Media
Copyright © 2003 AP Online

The Associated Press

SALEM, Ore. (October 23, 4:17 a.m. ADT) - A gun-toting man traveling on a tricycle allegedly tried to hijack a car in Salem, in what police there termed a “bizarre” incident.

Oswaldo Valenciano, 24, was arrested Tuesday, and will be booked at the Marion County Jail on numerous felony charges, Lt. Dan Cary said.

Police were called to the scene after receiving reports that a man on a tricycle had been firing gunshots and had slammed into a car, Cary said.

“The tricycle pilot picked himself up and demanded to be taken to the hospital,” Cary said. But the driver of the car, Marion Rodriguez, tried to persuade Valenciano to call 911, Cary said.

“At this point, Valenciano opens the rear car door and hops into the back seat of Mr. Rodriguez’s car, demanding to be taken to the hospital,” Cary said. “Mr. Rodriguez gets out of his car and starts asking people to call 911. Valenciano then gets out, mounts his trike - and promptly falls over.”

That’s when a police car arrived on scene, prompting Valenciano to abandon his tricycle and get into the front seat of Rodriguez’s car, armed with a handgun, according to police reports.

“Officers saw the weapon and ordered Valenciano out of the car,” Cary said. “Instead he puts the car in gear and tosses a handgun out. He fails to notice that the emergency brake is still set.”

Valenciano eventually hit a street sign, lost control of the car and tried to hide in a nearby sports utility vehicle, police said

Valenciano was treated at Salem Hospital for a leg injury and a gunshot wound to his left foot."

see that is what happens when yuo ride more than one wheel!!! just for fun i substituted the word unicycle in tricycle to see what would happen if one of us was responsible!

Thats so weird!!! where did you find that? Your right about subsitituting in the unicycle

More in this thread in JC: http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28445

Phil

Re: Tricycle car jacking

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 13:46:31 -0500, bwquimby
<bwquimby.vvc08@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote:

>i was reading the newspaper and found this article i thought was verey
>interesting.

There’s a thread about it in Just Conversation.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

Grizzly bear droppings have bells in them and smell like pepper spray. - UniBrier