tricks!

i decided that i am going to start to learn tricks today! does anyone have a suggestion of what to learn first??

Capitalization.

haha!
sorry…

are you new?
if you want a basic trick to learn, try wheelwalking.
go to www.unicycletips.com for a lot of tutorials on tricks.

flips or spins, guarenteed crowd pleasers.

Jas

abbabibble, i am not new and i am not going to fall for that

not going to fall for what?

i haven’t seen you around before, so i assumed you were new.

crankflips or unispins, like klownlife said, are definate crowd pleasers.

ok, whatever, forget it. anyway, who thinks flpis are easier, and who thinks spins are easier?

i vote for spins being easier.

Spins are way easier than learning flips, even though flips are starting to be the main trick of street.

KH.

You learn skills, not tricks. Skills are what you learn. Tricks are what you do to impress. :wink:

Take a look at the skills in the USA Skill Levels. That should give you some ideas and a general judge of order of difficulty.

Riding and idling one footed is a good skill. You can add variations like riding with the foot extended out front (like you’re doing a high kick) instead of on the frame. Or idling with one leg crossed over the other.

Wheel walking skills are another.

Spins are another.

Jump rope is another (more of a trick than a skill).

One-footed riding and backwards riding are good skills to learn first, just because they’re the basis of tons of other skills.

Thanks for clearing that up for them, I quietly get annoyed when someone says tricks and they really mean skills.

then learn wheel walking, one foot idling and uni spins.

Well actually I would beg to differ. Plain hopping up obstacles looks hard, impresses a lot and is a lot less painful to master than spins or flips.

Try learning a rolling jump mount if you want to attract some attention before you ride away.

I am going to agree with all of what gk said, exept for the sections that are marked at the beginning and end with a http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/images/smilies/tongue.gif
:p. True, unispins, crankflips, and the like are pointless, but if they did not exist, i probably wouldnt be a rider right now (its a long story). I have tried doing one footed riding, and i find that its not very fun, but ive also tried unispins and crankflips, and found them lots of fun. For me its all about enjoying what im doing.

I think overall, you’re missing the point.
Firstly, surely the main, if not the only reason we unicycle is for pleasure. You talk about jumping and trials uni like it has any other point than to please the rider or impress others. So “the point” of flipping, spinning etc. is to have fun. If we find a jump too easy, we add a spin or a flip to amuse ourselves as doing the same thing over and over can be boring.
It also depend on the style of rider. If I choose to ride street then what seperates street from trials…the skills/tricks added in.
To conclude, the whole point of doing anything is to survive or make life abit more interesting until it’s all over. Surely you don’t begrudge us street riders alittle spin or flip to brighten up our lifes?

Jas

P.S. You call one foot riding a trick and not a skill, but riders are encouraged to learn one foot riding or idle to progress to one foot wheel walk or glide. One foot riding is often the common skill used to transfer into glide or coast. Under your criteria, does this now become a skill?

I am going to agree with all of what gk said, exept for the sections that are marked at the beginning and end with a
:p. True, unispins, crankflips, and the like are pointless, but if they did not exist, i probably wouldnt be a rider right now (its a long story). I have tried doing one footed riding, and i find that its not very fun, but ive also tried unispins and crankflips, and found them lots of fun. For me its all about enjoying what im doing.

Klownlife, i miss understood you. do you think i am missing the point or do u think gk is missing the point. please clarify.

thanks!

I directed that post I gk, I didnt feel the need to address him as I thought it would be the first post after his. Obviously, you beat me to it.

Jas

thanks for clearing that up!