Trick Definitions

Can someone point me to a definition of various tricks? I have no skateboard or biking background, so don’t know some of the terms (like, what exactly is a crankflip?)

To date, I don’t know if there’s a very good definition of all of the street tricks out there. It’s hard to know what’s going on simply because new stuff is being made up so fast.

I just tried to describe a crankflip and failed. Maybe someone who knows more about such things (i.e. can do one) could enlighten you :slight_smile:

As far as I know, there is no official description of today’s Street tricks. This is something that would be great to have, because I hear these names being tossed about all the time but I’m never sure exactly what is being described.

I’m not a skater/BMXer either, so most of the names coming from those sports mean little or nothing to me too.

As for a ton of other tricks that have been around for a much longer time, we do have a partial list. This is the “complete” list of figures available for the IUF Standard Skill event. It is not a complete list of all known flatland tricks, just the ones that are available for Standard Skill competition. But because they get judged, they need to have exact definitions. This make it a solid set of definitions to match skill names.

Plese see it in the Standard Skill List sections of the rulebooks listed in my sig below. And as always, “read the rules!”

So is anyone working on a “solid” set of definitions for Street tricks?

A crankflip is were you jump up, take your feet off the pedals, and fling the pedals/cranks around in a circle, then land back on the pedals, then land back on the ground.

Really fast.

there will be a list of street trick definitions soon…

Full rev, or half rev? (see, that’s why we need the definitions…) :slight_smile:

I think that we almost need to identify the similarities between all unicycle tricks and develop a standard way of describing them all. After that, it’s basically a matter of filling out something like the unicyclopedia with specific definitions and hints for every trick. not a small task!

However, there are still things like the type of unicycle best for a given trick, whether it is static or rolling, prerequisites (in a general sense), and possible variations. Transitions are also something that almost need to be listed.

A comprehensive database of street tricks, along with a way to submit (and screen) entries for completeness and quality of descriptions, movies, and hints would be very cool. If noone’s working on something yet I’m sure I can start something (if only to satisfy my own curiousity) after my current project is finished :slight_smile:

Re: Trick Definitions

“johnfoss” <johnfoss@NoEmail.Message.Poster.at.Unicyclist.com> wrote in
news:8c8abe2718327e38a2b8bcd1ea6c94ca.1zfhaq@NoEmail.Message.Poster.at.Unicyclist.com
>
> forrestunifreak wrote:
>> A crankflip is were you jump up, take your feet off the pedals, and
>> fling the pedals/cranks around in a circle, then land back on the
>> pedals, then land back on the ground.
>
>
> Full rev, or half rev? (see, that’s why we need the definitions…) :slight_smile:
>

Well he did say circle, so my guess is a full rev.

Nao

Half rev, full rev, double, and, (in Shauns case) triple.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia This shows the definitions of some tricks. Quite useful

mike

Way Too Many Tricks To Define

There are a lot of tricks out there, wow. Syko will try to put a good list of street tricks for people to understand them better.

p.s. I define street as point A to point B traveling, doing everything one can. (Flowy, it’s nothing static)