Trials or Muni?

I have about fifty thousand crank arms that have “qu-ax” stamped on them, so I’m familiar with the brand, I just won’t rate it unless I’ve ridden it.

Speaking of which, the one you linked to has 170mm cranks? I’m not sure I dig that for anything other than super technical stuff.

All the street unicycles on unicycle.com are 20" too. Will a 20" be ok provided I get a big enough post, or is there a 24" option out there (that doesn’t have super long cranks)?

street/flat/trials are all 20" uni’s, but on my Koxx-One Black Domina I can do street, flat, or trials. They are just disciplines, and the label on the unicycle is not limiting. So no, if you click on “Trials Unicycles” it won’t show any 24" uni’s, you have to look around and research if you want to do something more out-of-the norm like that. You’ll find lots of 24" in mountain unicycle sections. But as stated, if you wish to do real trials on a 24, a muni 24 will be limiting, since it has a lot more weight in the tire and the tube, so you may have to customize the uni for your specific purpose, this means extra $

Ok, I need some quick advice. I have picked out a Torker Unistar DX 24", with a separate Club 500mm seat post (because the torker only comes with a 300mm post). Will this fit my needs (street, trials, muni)?

Edit: Just went to Torker’s website. They say the maximum inseam is 40", which would work for me. It does extend that far, doesn’t it?

… I really don’t think you need the seat to be that high unless you’re using short cranks (which kinda suck for MUni) or you’re eight feet tall.

Remember that with MUni, your legs are your shocks.

That said, I always seem to go for the longnecked frame. Love dem longnecks. Love em. Seat clamp’s up all nice and high.
Most of that kind of thing is for freestyle, though.

You say you want to do street. What kind of tricks do you want to learn? A lot of that stuff isn’t really worth even trying on a 24"
Sure, a lot of it is doable, but I think you’d really be fighting against yourself there.

…unless you’re nine feet tall :astonished:

Lol no I don’t need a 40" inseam, I just meant that my inseam would be in that range of extensions. I was thinking mainly gaps, stairs, grinds, etc.

I’ve ridden a DX before. It’s heavy. It’s a muni, so it should be tough enough for anything, but it’ll take some real strength to do trials on it. Trials and street would be easier on a smaller, lighter uni. What you’re asking for is really 2 different unicycles.

There are people who ride street on 24" unicycles, but they custom build theirs to get the best combination of weight and strength.

If I were going to buy a 24" for both urban/trials/street and Muni, I’d get one of These, but replace the tire/tube with something lighter. It’s plenty strong, and with a lighter tire (a maxxis high roller 2.7 would be my preferred option) and tube the weight gets close to 13 pounds. Not record breaking, but basically the same weight as a 19" torker dx, or about a pound more than most modern 19" unicycles.