Trials Discussion Thread

Thats a nice frame you have there.
Unicycle history :wink:

Peter M

sometimes when i rolling hop u sets i hit myself in the chest/nexk with my hand

explain a little more pleaseā€¦ are you shooting your hand down? u sets?

whoops, i frogot the ā€œPā€ when i go up sets rolling i hit me self in the chest with my hand.

Ivan, he was the Koxx-1 guy at FLUCK, remember the guy who did the long still stand + 1 footed stillstand in the middle of the FLUCK archway during the public show?

That was him.

Iā€™m not sure.

I like natrual trials, mostly because Montana and the surounding area is full of rocks, and I happen to be better at it.

But I like the simplicity and the cleanness of have a trials line all set out and perfect in cement and metal.

Was he the guy who had a competition with Ryan on those wooden bars, next to the stairs? If yes, then he is way cool!

I really donā€™t remember much from the show, it was just everyone all over the placeā€¦ I remember Nicolaj(I think) doing that big gap and then everybody else went and did it. It fas funnyā€¦

Doesnā€™t that make it harder to pull up? I usually have my saddle to the left of my head. Sometimes I miss and I ram my chest, neck or chin.

Um I dunno, I had thought that was Nicolajā€¦

oh, okā€¦ i throw my arm down too, but i am more likely to hit my wheel or my leg than myself. its just your style at the moment. it will probably change over time.

no, i hit myself with the hand holding the handle.

Hmm, thatā€™s kind of strange, although now that I think about it Iā€™ve come pretty close to doing that myself, because Iā€™m bent over so much.

If you mean that ā€œlitle gameā€ on the rails and pallets where they were supposed to do eatchothers lines, then I think it was Tom Pec, Ryan and Mark Fabian to I think.
Were interresting lines.

Peter M

No, not from my experience. I think it makes it easier to tuck my legs up, and helps me to tuck in a better position.

The seat shouldnā€™t be that hard to pull up even normally. Most of the hop should come from your legs. If anything the seat helps you to angle your wheel for whatever youā€™re landing on.

So then this is bad technique?

Nah, not at all. That picture is pretty much going with what TrialsUni said, just you tilt your seat differently.

Yeah, Jerrickā€™s right.

I land on some ledges like you. It all depends on the kind of surface, how big it is, and how high it is off the ground. Another thing that depends on where my seat is are pre-hops.

Youā€™re doing good, but in the future, to save your chin, chest, etcā€¦you probably want to learn the technique.

I think that all it really does is make you pull your legs up a little differently. It puts the wheel a little more in front of you, than under you. I hope that makes sense.

Iā€™m going to try this as soon as I get my uni back. Iā€™ll post pics soon.

Another thing: I find that I am able to gap much farther SI that SIF. SIF is good for ups, but I donā€™t see any benefits when it comes to gapping.

Im not so good with SIF gaping either. I know it can be done, specially after watching Ryan or any other good SIF trials riders. They can get some distance.

I also know that SI works just as well for gaping though, and my friend Phil can do static SI gaps at will.

One thing I donā€™t see enough in trials vids is gaps to rails. It is insanely hard.

I still canā€™t pedal grab :angry: . Any tips?