Trials Discussion Thread

really thats good cool lol thank you :smiley:

this might be off topic but is costing trials becuase i really want to learn how i was told i need to learn one footed (which i did :D) then wheel walking and then one footed wheel walking but i cant wheel walk for the life of me does anyone have any tips or is it practice practice practice and eventually i will get it i just seem to always fall forward and if i lean backwards i fall so i have like a death grip on my wall that i practice on so i do fall and kill myself lol :(:stuck_out_tongue: :thinking:

All of the tricks you just mentioned are basically freestyle tricks, but they can and are used in flatland and street. Not trial. To learn how to WW you just gotta lean back when you fall forwards and opposite. And remember to swing your arms around to maintain balance too.

ok thats what i have been doing so ill just keep trying to do that thank you :slight_smile:

When jumping seat in, my saddle rubs agaist the inside of my right thigh way more than my left. I’m assuming it’s because i’m not jumping with even pressure on the pedals, but is there any techniques or things to practice to help correct it?

Heres a link to the freestyle thread for future reference.

No.

No.

no!

No! :slight_smile:

So if I crankflip every revolution from one line to another the crankflips are trials? How about if I am going from one line to another and I 360 a two stair that I have to get down?

jeremy, coasting/gliding is not trials, and never will be.

there are NO tricks in trials. not even line to line. If you do a trick, you made a street line of some sort.

thank you :smiley:

i just want to learn to coast because i cant keep up with my friends on the bkes down hills :stuck_out_tongue: i get left out but i think in a sense there getting left out because the still ride bikes :angry: but oh well

Its not that hard(it didn’t take my friend long), I would reccomend doing one and two foot wheelwalks first though.

Sif is what most use to get height, I’d say most don’t have a huge si hop like Joe Hodges does. Si is used more for gapping, and moves that require precision and for the uni to be steady, of course when your really good you can use sif for everything. I can’t think of anybody that uses it for skinnies though.

Don’t worry to my about Static side hops with si, practice more rolling ups, gaps as in horizontal, not vertical. If you really want a high si hop just practice bending your body down, kind of in a scissor motion, a low seat also helps, really for height all you need is sif, that is what is going to get you really high.

So how do you guys (anybody who uses pallets to jump around on) reinforce them so you do break slats and so they dont slide around on top of eachother?

I find a big piece of ply wood and drill it down on to a pallet. I dont have a problem with my pallets sliding around. But i have the big heavy ones.

To stop mine from sliding i bought straps that i wrap round and tighten it as you can see in my video http://vimeo.com/3156104

We were thinking that, but We dont have any plywood, and it’s nearly 8 dollars for a 4’ x 8’ sheet!! That’s rediculous (when you are broke like me ;))

Also, where did you get these “big heavy ones”? (I’m assuming they are the ones in your avatar)