Trials Comp. Central AB Canada

no offense, but those rules sound really unfun and stupid.

I like freetrials way more. It also is way easier to judge and to do. If someone does a trials line and dabs I wouldnt even consider that completing(cleaning?) the line.

I’m willing to give them a try, I just don’t like how dabs give you an easy way out if you can’t do a line, but if you want you could just choose not to use them.

My only ruling question is do you get multiple tries at the same line? I’m guessing no?

you get two tries, and the points are added up.

Mornish: It sounds like you have never tried this type of comp. I have tried freetrials, and I personally hated it. It was really cramped and you had to wait to ride for too long on some sections. It was to random, and I found it wasn’t equal.

I think the way I am doing now is as equal as possible.

Sounds like you were in a poorly run freetrials comp. The ones I have been to I havn’t had to wait for anything, there is tons of room (actualy OUI was a bit cramped but they could have easily spread it out more).

The only thing that turns me off of the biketrials rules is that you only get two tries. This is certainly a good test of skill, but I find it makes the environment too competitive and there is little chance to improve as the competition goes on.

The reason I think many people enjoy freetrials so much is because you can start on the easy lines to get your confidence up then skim through some of the mediocre ones then finaly try and tackle some of the harder ones. I have never been to a competition where my skills didn’t improve greatly throughout the competition, but only getting two tries makes it feel too much like a test at school for me.

Maybe a group practice session first might be a good way of handling it. I would definatly enjoy trying something new but I really enjoy the improvement I get at competitions and without being able to try things many times I don’t improve.

What are your thoughts in some practicing before the competition? Maybe allow an hour or something where each group gets to basicaly have at the competition grounds before the competition goes ahead?

sure. one hour.

that sounds better and funner.

are you comming?

The international unitrials rules are here:
http://www.krisholm.com/freetrials/

It’s a really good idea to use the official unitrials rules. A big problem with biketrials is the existence of at least two different sets of rules. In unicycling we’ve got a unique opportunity to make sure we all use the same rules worldwide.

Kris Holm.

Maxime Carriere
Edmonton alberta
Expert.
Ima be there on friday, so I can help you build up if you wanna (my parents will tag along too)

This is not very far off in the future. Just like 20 days! yay!

Most of the stuff has been put up. If you want to know how to get there, email me. Read the first post to understand cost etc.

I have around 15 people on unicycles that say they will show up. And maybe some bikers will come as well.

OK here is HOW you get there!
From Calgary:
-Head up on QE 2 HWY
-Turn left on the 27 to olds
-Go right through sundre and the 27 turns into the 584
-Continue on this road until you reach the Bearberry Saloon.
-Continue down and INSTEAD of going turning to the right on the paved road, go onto the gravel road (which is straight ahead).
-You will reach a three way intersection, turn right.
-Continue up until you have reached over the hill.
-You should find a gate with “Chewed Bridge Ranch”
-Enter this gate, and your there!
Map
From Edmonton:
-Go down QE 2 HWY
-Turn Right on the 27 to olds
-Go right through sundre and the 27 turns into the 584
-Continue on this road until you reach the Bearberry Saloon.
-Continue down and INSTEAD of going turning to the right on the paved road, go onto the gravel road (which is straight ahead).
-You will reach a three way intersection, turn right.
-Continue up until you have reached over the hill.
-You should find a gate with “Chewed Bridge Ranch”
-Enter this gate, and your there!
Map

Hmm, sounds like fun. It doesn’t look all THAT far for me on the map… Google Maps

But I doubt I will be able to make it.

i’m comming!!:smiley:

bump

I dont know if they are the same rules, but Im a judge for the Brazilian Mototrials Championship and you cant five a course unless you do a five foul. if you dab 90 times its a 3; if you touch both feet on the ground (or getting out of the course etc.) that`s a five.

and there`s not such a thing as categories ether…

maybe if you consult a rule book in the net you get a better point there, but I think you should use the unitrials rules as ryan said. they a made already!

Yes there are categories groups whatever.
That is moto trials spanish rules that you just stated. I have been to a dozen trials comp including the ones in BC and this is how it is run.

I will probs make it freetrials. I have enough stuff that there would be a good uni trials comp.

It usually rains May, so all the wooden obstacles that I put up will be unrideable. I will have to make it next weekend. It doesn’t look good so far.

if you can orgranize a street comp as well.

Ill come and you will have so many more people there.

im down for trials and street

There will be a street run after, but I’m not sure that there will be enough interest in a street comp. We shall see.

Bump.

This is this saturday guys!