Trials and Street Unicycle League

before unicon - sorry pm’d u aswell before i realised this.

I’ve kinda changed my mind on the competition idea, i think they’re should be no league but a few more trial/street comps would be great. Teams would be kinda funny as well, but sponsored teams would defo not work atm, but i’m sure we can just sort teams out like - south west, nuts, london etc…

A league would be silly - in my opinion - though because trials and street is just not a team sport.

We could have people riding as part of a team. Say me as part of the London team and Joe as part of the NUT’s team. Each rider gets scored individually, but then each members score is added together to get a team score. Then whichever team gets the most points at the end of the competition, wins.

Hmm, that could work. Then some of the less advanced riders would have a better chance of winning something.

Edd

i think pairs tag team trials competition could be an interesting spin to your average normal comp, could be so funny. every one gets randomly drawn with another rider and then either
both riders have to complete the line
or you can tag in and take the line for the pair or something like that i dunno i just think it could be an interesting spin, and then you get a combined score, could be a fun social one.
or even pairs trials where you both have to be on the line at one point during the line completion

we should think outside the box,

xx

i like the idea of having regular meets around the country, but i dont have much money, and i have nasty parents (the reason i couldnt go to southend) but im deffinetly interested. the idea of
[/QUOTE/eddbmxdude]
Each rider gets scored individually, but then each members score is added together to get a team score. Then whichever team gets the most points at the end of the competition, wins.
[/QUOTE]

i like that idea, it could work. Say have a team from each area, like me, james, kieron etc as a team. and every now and again a team can host a meeting somewhere.

i could have problems financially with that, and my parents dont like me going anywhere :angry: that is why i couldnt meet you at southend. but if i can get around that i am deffinetly up for it.

oh and edd i dont think i could get to the forest place, sorry, parents lol. and i may be working this summer but nothing is arranged yet.
EDIT: ONLY 4 SPONSERED RIDERS IN THE UK!!! that cannot be right surely!mabey these meets could change that? i hope so, the uk should be ashamed atm lol

i agree with what lucas said, randomly picked pairs trials would be funny as… some more competitive people might not like it though - but it would be cool.

And you’re in essex where abouts? I’m gonna be at uni in kent next year so the number of rides down there’s gonna have to increase! :wink:

I would count 5, but point taken.

I’m definately up for the trials comp, even though I would like to have a team street event too. Team ideas are good, pairs trials would be fun, as would team trials. Edd, you’re the boss, get it sorted. I’m up for it, even though my trials skills are pretty awful, keep us posted with dates and times and I’ll be there.

Good work guys,

Jason

Colchester (me and kieron) and Clacton (james and mark) and frinton (jack and jamie)

im not very competitive, nor am i a great rider, but it sounds like a fun way to meet more riders and learn new stuff, and generally improve riding skills too.

Jason,

If you come all the way from Edinburgh for this will we have to go to Mk and have a street jam. The skatepark there is pretty good for unicycle street, loads of smallish ledges to flip/spin off.
Its looking like its going to be early to mid July now, so just before unicon. I will ring the woman later to discuss a definite date as it looks like it will be worth doing.

Edd

Aww, cheers dude, glad to see you’re looking out for my best interests. Will bring another local rider down and we’ll have a good jam.

Jason

Hit a massive dead end with the venue, so Ashridge is off.
Apparantly, unicycling is not allowed at Ashridge.

Edd

Well, Claire at Ashridge told me that their events manager said: ‘Since unicycling is not allowed at Ashridge, we think it would send out the wrong impression by promoting it.’
I did think at the time that they can’t stop us riding on the bridleways, but didn’t want to get into an arguement or upset her, after all, she was only relaying a message.

Having said that, all of the decent routes Leo and I ride are on footpaths or not even paths at all, LOL!
Edd

Oooh you naughty boy! Yes it does, and unicycling isnt allowed either :stuck_out_tongue:
cheeky cheeky

x x

I wondered why people were giving us funny looks.

Sounds like a wikid idea with loads of problems, im from calstock unicycle club cornwall and have got all nessicary funding for a competiton, have written to council and can use local village green + hall for a comp and camping. Can get insurance for the event from club insurers. Could easily make a whole weekend of it. Only problem is for it to be worth while it would need at least 25 riders and in the end we could not find that many riders. But its still on the table and if we could get enough riders we could go ahead. If you would like to talk to me about entering/organsing the event or you have any suggestions please drop me an email on onewheelsam@yahoo.co.uk

Sounds like a wikid idea with loads of problems, im from calstock unicycle club cornwall and have got all nessicary funding for a competiton, have written to council and can use local village green + hall for a comp and camping. Can get insurance for the event from club insurers. Could easily make a whole weekend of it. Only problem is for it to be worth while it would need at least 25 riders and in the end we could not find that many riders. But its still on the table and if we could get enough riders we could go ahead. If you would like to talk to me about entering/organsing the event or you have any suggestions please drop me an email on onewheelsam@yahoo.co.uk

Sounds like a wikid idea with loads of problems, im from calstock unicycle club cornwall and have got all nessicary funding for a competiton, have written to council and can use local village green + hall for a comp and camping. Can get insurance for the event from club insurers. Could easily make a whole weekend of it. Only problem is for it to be worth while it would need at least 25 riders and in the end we could not find that many riders. But its still on the table and if we could get enough riders we could go ahead. If you would like to talk to me about entering / organsing the event or you have any suggestions please drop me an email on onewheelsam@yahoo.co.uk

Sounds good. The only problem is that it is so far down the country :frowning: I would make the journey but with petrol prices what they are now, it would be ridiculously expensive for what would only be a couple of days away.

I have found that the problem with hosting an event around my way is a venue. Although I have secured a place in next years village carnival for a trials competition. We have had lots of interest from the councilors, they did want us there this year but it was too late and they had fully booked the green.
Watch this space.

Edd

there is good train links to the little village of calstock edd, and dont forget all us south westers manage to get up to a lot of your direction events and this one really could be quite well organised if we get on top of it, but like sam says he needs interest and numbers i have been to busy to help with putting the name of the comp about but it would have been cool

Let’s reschedule this, next year some time?