trial uni's

If you plan on getting a lot better at riding, suck it up and pay the extra money for the Qu-ax 20" Trials. It’s not as expensive as other really nice trials rides, but it’s built like a tank. I weigh about 150, ride a couple hours a day doing drops up to 5 1/2 feet, and the only thing I’ve replaced is the pedals.

neeto thats what i wanna hear!!! ok i think i’m gonna get Qu-Ax trial.

dude those red pedals rock out loud

ehh they didn’t have green or black in el chepo.

But thanks anyway.

pshah you don’t need green or black

product review forum

It’s hard to justify buying anything but a KH now that they are available at this price. Best quality, strength, light. And Kriss is our hero !
http://aebike.com/page.cfm?PageID=30&action=details&sku=UN2020

i got a torker dx 24 and it has the thomg, renforcing sleeve, definatley not a gusset, that i bought from shop sunrise cyclery in december

go for the torker… ive been looking around for a real trials uni instead of my makeshift one, and the torker is probably the best deal that you can get. itd will probably even last you till you start doing 4-5 foot drops, maybe even more!

funny you should mention…i’ve already done a 4 ft ledge :stuck_out_tongue: but it was on a kh trials so…ya know

Tokers take a lot more than 4 foot drops. Double that ammount and you have got my highest drop, and ive done it a few times. I have also done tons of 5-8 sets, and some other stuff that is ahrd on unis. Dx is still great.

don’t get me wrong i love the dx! it’s just i like the Qu-Ax better.

All of the online photos of the DX on these sites are of the 2006 (even that actually have 2007’s).

The DX can take anything you can dish out. Eventually you’ll break the pedals, seatbace, and seatpost (stronger versions of all are available), just like anyone who really pushes just about any of the splined unis.

ok well i’ll figure it out in aug, when my birthday comes around

I thought the same when I got a muni, I’ve had to buy a new wheel set since then.

ok so is this a 2007 model of troker dx?

actually it is splined. people dont realize that. they are isis cranks. the kh moment cranks would fit on it. Get it. I love it. ive done 4 and a half foot drops and didnt hear anything and i could do even more.

I’m 99.99% sure that that’s not a gusset, its a reinforcment of sorts but all they did is move the weld out further. In my openion no, “real,” streangth is added.

Yes it is splined, and the moment cranks fit but that hub is not real strong. You’ll eventually break the cranks/hub if you keep up on the drops. Same strength as the Nimbus Trials Get the yellow hub if you want a Qu-Ax and plan to do drops.

That ‘ring’ extends down inside the frame, its not just sitting on top. It reinforces the weakest part of the frame, where the seatpost tube meets the crown.

koxx one have good trials uni’s