Trailer for new extreme unicycle video ("Spaced Out")

Hello

I’m currently producing a unicycle highlights video. You can find a trailer for it at http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Spaced-Out-trailer . It is going to be about 20 to 25 minutes long with about 20 more minutes of bonus features. This video features some of best riders out there today. They include:

Ryan Atkins, Joey Cohn, James Cowan, Jeff Groves, Carl Hoyer, Kevin McMullin and Ben Plotkin-Swing.

It will be available on DVD in Canada and the US. I am hoping to also format it so that it can also be sold in the rest of the world.

The video should be completed by the end of August at the latest.

Jeff Groves

hey jeff. i hear kevin mcmullins part will be pretty crazy! that kid truly is amazing… i checked out the trailer, and it looks really good. im definitely buying a copy. well i even would if i wasnt in it. i think its good that youre getting some of the great riders who havent already gotten coverage in videos. everyone really should get it. if you dont know james and joey, they are really good riders and really nice people. make sure you save your money for this vid, i know its gonna be great
peace, Kevin

wow that looks awesome, i can’t wait till august now :slight_smile:

was that ryan gapping the handrails?

-grant

That looks awesome!! I’ll definitely buy one when it comes out.

I have a question: If my friend owns a copy of UNiVERsE II, do you think it would be worth the money for me to buy it since I almost never get to watch it? Or would it be more worth it to burn a copy and risk getting fined several thousand dollars? Hmm…

The part where one of the unicyclists jumped over the bench almost made me throw up it was so good.

oh yay! thats me! and yes the dude on the handrail thingies is ryan. and james_potter… just save up the money for universe 2. not necessarily to avoid fines, but just do it to support dan heaton and your fellow unicyclists. we need to support each other in this sport or it wont get anywhere. its worth the money, and this video will be too im sure.

Kevin

It looks great! Can’t wait for the release! What’s the forseen cost looking like? Possibly listed in Candaian and US denominations? Later

Looks awsome! Great variety of riders. Can’t wait for the DVD. That bench jump was pretty good.

-Sabin

If it was Disney or MGM or Sony or some other big company you were screwing over, that would be one thing, but don’t screw the little guy. Especially since you’ll probably run into him someday. He’s one of us.

So this is what you were working on… FRESH.

…wait.

It’s more like, FA-RESH!

There.

I can’t wait. I’m not going to release my video anytime around yours. :sunglasses:

By the way, are you still going to send me footage or would it be like leftovers?

I want to know so I can go ahead with editing whenever I feel like it and not be missing out on extra stuff.

Thanks.

• Zachary

Wow, that’s simply awesome.

One day I hope to be that good (thank God Summer vacation is in two weeks, three months of freetime to practice)

That looks fantastic. I’m sure I’ll probably buy a copy. If the trailer is a good representation of the whole movie it has a really nice feel to it. Great stuff.

Andrew

really cool you had better get that dvd into the uk or i will be really sad.I need a cool DVD to get my collection bigger!how long do you think it’s gonna take to get it to the rest of the world?
Ben

thank god i am not as good as any of you or i would so not be doing revision these past few and next few weeks hell i think i am gonna go for a ride once i have done my 4 hours :angry: :smiley: :angry: :smiley: anywho the earlier i start the earlier i can ride :slight_smile:

To answer some questions:

James Potter – you should definitely buy U2 from Dan – he’s a great guy, it’s a great video that he’s put loads of time into and he should get something back for it.

Beaven – I don’t know all my costs yet (and really don’t know how many copies I can hope to sell to recoup them), but I want to make it as affordable as possible – hopefully around $17US and low $20’s CAN. Do you (or anyone else) think that these would be reasonable prices?

Zach – Sorry I haven’t sent you footage yet - I’m sending you an e-mail about it.

Thinuniking – I’ll work on getting it in a format for the UK – it’s a matter of cost and time, but I really will try. As for time, it would probably be at the same time as I can’t afford to do two separate runs. Then there is the problem of selling it there, but I think that that can be worked out okay.

I’m going to be away for the next few weeks but will check on any questions or comments when I get back towards the end of June. (I may be able to get to a computer for the next couple of days though). Hopefully if there are any questions Ryan or Kevin or someone will be able to answer them.

Jeff

I don’t think you need a different format for the UK, you just need to get the dvds there.

Most mountain bike dvds and into the thunder dragon and universe 2 are in NTSC format, but with no region code. Almost all UK players can play NTSC format as long as it isn’t region encoded to force it to only work in the US. If you encode as NTSC with no region, it will work everywhere.

You can make PAL dvds, which might not work in the US/Canada, but will always work in the UK, but I don’t think many people bother with small runs of DVDs.

Ask Dan what he did for universe 2 just to make sure that I’m right on this. I think all he did was send a bunch of US copies to Roger at unicycle.com, rather than doing anything special to them.

Joe

ahhhh is this why universe 2 comes out black and white on some t.v’s?!?!?!(same player different t.v)
Ben

Re: Trailer for new extreme unicycle video (“Spaced Out”)

In article <mscalisi.16ui42@NoEmail.Message.Poster.at.Unicyclist.com>,
mscalisi <mscalisi@NoEmail.Message.Poster.at.Unicyclist.com> wrote:
)James_Potter wrote:
)> *That looks awesome!! I’ll definitely buy one when it comes out.
)>
)> I have a question: If my friend owns a copy of UNiVERsE II, do you
)> think it would be worth the money for me to buy it since I almost
)> never get to watch it? Or would it be more worth it to burn a copy and
)> risk getting fined several thousand dollars? Hmm… *
)
)If it was Disney or MGM or Sony or some other big company you were
)screwing over, that would be one thing, but don’t screw the little guy.
)Especially since you’ll probably run into him someday. He’s one of us.

And when you do run into him, he’ll pedal-grab your face.
-Tom

I’m interested in UNiVERsE 2 as well and am curious as to whether or not it’s better than the trailer?

David

Universe 2 is better than anything. I think it’s the most entertaining unicycling video to date. Sorry Jeff. Yours looks great. And if it doesn’t take you three years to finish it you’re doing fine! :smiley: