trail uni noob

Alright then…read the title of this thread. It says TRIAL, which means he is already breaking into trials uni anyways. When I said trashed I wasn’t talking about breaking the frame neccesarily, I’m talking about crank and rim breaking, because thats what happened to my first 2 and I’m sure that happened to other people.

BTW I agree thats you don’t need to earn the right to get a light uni. Its just what happens if he decides, like a lot of other people, that he doesn’t want ot uni or maybe he can’t uni very well. Then he’s stuck with one of the most high-end uni’s out there and his parents will be :angry: . I can see where all you guys are coming from and theres nothing we can do about it really, because he’s going to buy it.

First of all bro I don’t know many people that spend money on their first uni, mainly cause its crap and will break eventually. So saying he’s going to end up spending money upgrading is kind of bogus, atleast in my opinion. I mean I don’t know about you guys, but I wasn’t bitching about my pedals or seat whenever I got my first uni…I was just glad to be riding.

If anything, He’s going to spend lots of money upgrading/changing up his expensive uni, duh. Those expensive uni’s are custom tailored to do one thing and specifically designed for certain style’s of riding. To me it seems more reasonable that on the expensive uni he will upgrade or change out the neccesary parts, that way its what he wants.

To me, all learner uni’s are for are to get you going and to see what type of riding you like best. Once you broke your first uni, by then you know what type of uni you should get and there you have it. It’s a cycle, and most everyone goes through it.

Well, from a majority of what I read, and from my own experience, a lot of people spend money for small upgrades for their first uni.

For this guy though, he already has a uni, and has been riding for a little, and has started with some basic tricks and stuff. So he seems pretty knowledgeable about what he wants to do. Even with the XTP, he can still do plenty of street and flatland tricks. So if trials isn’t his main style, the uni isn’t limiting him from most other styles, except freestyle.

ok i just broke my first $50 unicycle it was a little starter torker and i broke the rim on about a foot of a drop off. From watching videos i did everything right but it just gave way…i think i’m rdy for the upgrade. and i tried my first uni-spin today and busted my butt haha good stuff :)…but ya i’m gonna keep trying woohoo

thats just my opinion. and my experience is that “pros” and newbs are consirned with wieght. when skill will take you farther than any weight deduction. (cody for example with his 540 unispinning a 24dx) mainly newbs. few people are good enough to justify spending money on the XTP. hodges for one definately (considering he has broken 2 kh frames and goes huge). a newb to the sport. no. spending money on a kh as a second uni from a lx makes a decent bit of since since. spending money on a xtp from a lx. no.

i’m starting to think i shouldn’t have used the word “noob” cause i meen its not like i’m completly new to trials i did it on a downhill bike for like 2 years haha…bmx and downhill biking are the thing around here

first words about yourself are i am a newb. and i am talking a newb to unicycleing not bmxing or downhill mountbiking. so unless i missed something then point it out