Torker/Unistar DX frame breakage

I took videos of unicycles dropping off the lumber. i haven’t gotten around to uploading them to the gallery.

Cool, my faith in unicyclists is restored.:slight_smile:

this worrys me, i ride rain or shine sleet snow whatever. i should really start to seal my unis insides. my old KH (orange) uni is constsistantly showing signs of surface rust.

His break may be due to ‘off-center’ welding and stress (with forced body weight) and weakening by rust.
(Like the one I recieved in the mail yesterday)

I just had a thought on the ‘rust’ problem.

What about drilling a very small hole for moisture to escape that section of the frame.
(under the crossmember)
Then put some paint around the hole (por15).

This is what I did for my rollbars I put in my Jeep.
I did that to my rollbars in several places for condensation to escape.
Since, I have no top on during the summer either.

Things like unicycle frames and bicycle frames and tubular steel cranks like the Profiles generally already have small vent holes. The vent holes are needed to allow the gas to escape when they are welded or brazed. The vent holes are often hidden or tucked away in out of the way locations, but they’re generally there somewhere.

The vent holes are where you can spray Frame Saver or some other rust preventative spray.

ah yes, here we are again speaking without expireance…as far as i know you dont have a Torker Dx now do you? well i do, a 24 and 20 and i can tell you that there are no vent holes in a Torker DX frame, not even in the bearing area.

this thread is after all about Torker DX’s is it not? please post on topic and only with first hand expierance, instead of making assumptions…

thats twice now John.

?

Who pissed in your beer?

I was talking about vent holes in general and my post was clear about that. Most frames have them to allow gasses to escape during manufacture and to also allow water vapor to escape later on. And that’s exactly what I said.

What I posted about vent holes was completely on topic and completely relevant to the thread and the question.

If you want to say that the DX doesn’t have vent holes then say so. Nothing I have said in this thread or the other thread about the DX was incorrect.

what-ever, you can hide behind an insult all you want but the truth is, you posted in a reasponce to DigitalDave’s idea to drill vent holes in his DX frame and your sitting there typing “The vent holes are often hidden or tucked away in out of the way locations, but they’re generally there somewhere.” :roll_eyes:

I have a 20" and 24" too,and mine have vent holes in the bearings area.

TORKER IS THE DEVIL ALL THEY DO IS BREAK

Not any mooore…

my dx that i converted to a freestyle uni shutters.

For those with Torker breakage or problems; did any of you go to Torker on the Warranty?

I was talking to a SBS (manufacturer)) rep today and mentioned the frame breakage. He said there is a life time warranty. The torkerusa.com site states a limited lifetime warranty.

For those with Torker breakage or problems; did any of you go to Torker on the Warranty?
I was talking to a SBS (manufacturer)) rep today and mentioned the frame breakage. He said there is a life time warranty. The torkerusa.com site states a limited lifetime warranty.

Just goes to show you:

“You can lead a horse to drink, but you can’t make him water”

See here.

If the Torker wasn’t assembled by an authorized Torker retailer the warranty’s void. Aggh!

well im covered…my shop built it, of course i tore it apart when i got home and greased everything but hey…technicly the shop did put it together.

eeek, thats good to know about warrantys. Something to look into before buying a new uni.

e39m5

I just recently broke my DX frame in the same place. I emailed Torker about it, and stated that it broke at the weld, and I asked what kind of warraty they had, and they responded saying: “We’ll take care of it. What address to send replacement frame?”

I didnt tell them were I bought it, or who assembled it, or anything, and they’re replacing it.

I havent gotten the replacement yet, its only been a couple days. We’ll see.

Word is that next years DX will be super-beefed up.