Torker Lx 26" Vs. Nimbus 26" Muni w/isis hub

What are some key differences with these two unicycles? has anyone ever ridden both? I own a Torker lx 26 and I am starting to be able to hop up and down smaller (under 12 inch) curbs with practice, however I take my Lx off road and do techy stuff (rocks, roots, points objects and heavy debris) and a few off road drops, I’m wondering how much abuse the Lx can take versus the 26" nimbus muni. I am aso wondering about the 26 Muni’s ability to be ridden on sidewalk and street.

I don’t know much about those particular munis, but I would guess the nimbus could be a little stronger. In case you didn’t know there’s going to be a KH26 soon too, the frame and rim should become available within a couple of weeks or even days. The complete KH26 will be sold in the end of the year.

LX isn’t a muni. It has square taper hub and cranks, proprietary seat/seatpost integration, so if you don’t like the seat (which you won’t) you will have to buy a new seatpost as well.

Nimbus has ISIS splined hub with venture cranks which are hugely stronger than square taper (which you could easily bend, snap or twist on a 12 inch drop), standard seatpost design, comfyish seat, muni tire, wide rim, brake mounts.

Notice a difference?

Long story short:

Nimbus: easily upgradeable, very strong, works for everything, heavier
LX: flimsy street cruiser, fine for very light duty use, not great for anything else

The Nimbus 26 works great on sidewalks and street. Very comfy for all type of riding.

+1

I’m currently on an Lx which has been suiting me for the abuse I put it through, I’m just waiting to upgrade to a 26"Muni, I like riding around on the street but I would like something a little more tank like so I can cruise wherever I want. So until I can save up enough for a 26" muni, the Lx is my ride. It is already creaking from heavy use, but it’s holding up till I can afford one.

If you’re fairly lightweight than an LX should hold up for a while, just buy a fatter tire for it and go hit some trails. If you have some extra money to spend then you should look at buying a real muni, like the Nimbus. LX = economic muni; Nimbus = real muni. Trust me, the equations work out. I’m majoring in math.