Torker LX 20

Sorry, nothing to see here yet. I am a new rider…been trying for two weeks now, spurred on by me being at a party and speaking across a fire pit to a guy who does offroad unicycling. That bounced around in my head for a few weeks, and then I decided to buy one and try it.

However, I made the mistake of buying a cheap ‘no name’ one online that has given me nothing but trouble since I’ve had it. I had to have my boyfriend put a bolt through the main shaft because the seat kept slipping down and turning (I’m only 5’5" and 140), but I needed to have the height set above where the grooves were in the shaft. And now I’ve stripped the thread in the left crank and I am fed up. I have seen a lot of entries here and elsewhere about the Torker LX and I just bought one tonight…should have done that first.

So, I will report hopefully good things as soon as I get it up and running.

welcome to the forums!

that uni should last you a while! good luck w/ the learning!

I have two torkers

I have a cx 20" and an lx 26" both ride just fine, Yours should hold up to some training and learning punishment before you upgrade.

I have a friend who is learning on an LX. :slight_smile:

Compared to my non-ISIS Nimbus II, the LX is light.

Thanks for the info…appreciate the welcome. Will let you know my take shortly :slight_smile:

Okay, I’m back. Definitely a big difference from the one I spent $65 on to start with. I initially didn’t want to spend twice that to get the Torker LX because I wasn’t sure if I’d pick it up…but I like it…and I’m learning, and the Torker is definitely easier than the piece of crap first one I got. I am only 5’5", so first thing was to have the boyfriend cut it shorter for me, but now we’re good. I like the thick tire and it definitely has taken a bit of a beating so far…

Wear your pads, people! I fell and bumped my elbow pretty good the other day, so I’m back on it tonight. I can only go a few rotations before falling off the thing, but I’ll get it. Things do get harder the older you get…