Torker CX

I just ordered a 16" Torker CX for my 10 year old son. He’s wanting to learn for a while but my 24 is too big,. His birthday is wed. so he should be pretty excited to get it. I looked at a Raliegh and a Sun,but decided on the Torker since I like mine so much. Was this a good decision?
Mike

hate to say this but a 16" is to small for a 10 yr. old cancel and order a 20"

Re: Torker CX

Mike,

Lots of people here have kids who ride, but I only have a kid who at one point almost rode. That said, she was quite comfortable practicing on a 20" and I think your son will probably want to upgrade fairly soon. And if you can, as Jagur suggests change the order to a 20", you’d save yourself a bit of money.

By the way I posted the article about you from the Times-Picayune. There’s a little question about it. Take a look and comment if you feel like it. (You’ll need to scroll up a bit to see it, I think).

Welcome to Unicyclist.com!

Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

Yeah torker is pretty good,probally better than Raleigh,the cx is about as good as sun.He could ride the 16",might outgrow it,but it will probally do.

(dont take me TOO seriously i think i know everything)

Yeah torker is pretty good,probally better than Raleigh,the cx is about as good as sun.He could ride the 16",might outgrow it,but it will probally do.

(dont take me TOO seriously i think i know everything)

Well’ I called and it’s already been shipped. He should be atleast able to ride it shouldn’t he? I also have an 8 year old who says he wants to learn,so I guess if worse comes to worse I can give him the 16 and get a 20 for my older boy.
Mike

I learned on a 16 inch and i was 12 when i was 13 so you should be fine

Huh? Is Yogi in the house?

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

Overall good news for Mike and his kid, though. :slight_smile:

Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

i guess i don’t know where 12 came from but i was 13 when i learned