Torker CX - se good starter Uni? (noob question)

Hi everyone, just got interested in Uni’s a little while ago, been watching some vids and checking them out online and stuff, I’m looking at buying a

http://cgi.ebay.ca/NEW-2006-20-TORKER-CX-SE-UNICYCLE-GREEN-BLACK_W0QQitemZ7232124731QQcategoryZ2904QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It’s a 20" Torker CX-SE in green and black, but I was curious how the CX’s stack up to the DX or LX ( I’ve heard people mention these but not CX’s)

And is this a good deal for the costs? I’m in Canada (ontario) and would have to pay shipping and probably insane taxes (unless I could persuade the seller to send it as a gift)

so I suppose my question is, is this a good starter Uni? good costs? seat quality? etc? does any one else have suggestions on what to buy as a starter Uni? the Cheaper the better.

Thanks a ton guys

Take it easy.

a CX is a pretty okay beginner uni, the only problem is that the seat is reeaally bad. really really bad. I personally would suggest the LX over the CX for a beginner uni, if you have the money…but that one is green, and cheap, so it might be okay. despite the crappy seat.

welcome to the community
and actually i would recomend the lx too
although it is 20 dollars more it would be a good buy, i went with a cx and am now regretting it, so if you can get the extra 20 dollars I would definitly go with the lx though

I’d be careful trying to buy a unicycle from the US off ebay, some people have been nailed with crazy fees. You might get through OK, but it would be a chance you’d take.

Check out www.bedfordunicycles.ca and see if anything is in your price range. He’s in Toronto and a unicycle from him might be cost less then one off ebay by the time it gets here. Call him up (or email) and see if he can set you up with a basic unicycle.

If you decide to go the ebay route, I’ve heard the LX is defiantly worth the extra money compared to the CX.

The LX is definitely worth the slight bit extra as a starter unicycle. It has a better frame, better wheel, better pedals, and better seat. The CX is a throw-away unicycle; the LX will last you.

Bedfords prices are pretty high so the best bet for a good starter without breaking the budget in Canada is probably to check out your local bike shops. Most won’t have unicycles in stock but most should be able to order one for you which will save you lots of money on shipping and border fees. I would recommend if you have a choice when picking your unicycle that you get a unicycle with a squared off crown and if you have a choice in seats then get the best they have. If you do that then once you get better at unicycling you shouldn’t have to replace everthing and it will remain a great freestyle.

So what should I be looking for in a seat exactly? I’m a bit too new to know exactly whats best.

Or does anyone have a used one in Canada? one thats decent and will last me?

Or does anyone have a used one in Canada? one thats decent and will last me?

care to tell us what city you live in? some people might know a cycle shop that stocks unis near you.

As far as seats go, lift handles are nice (thing to hold onto on the front of the seat). Make SURE that you are not getting a savage seat (look here: http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=237)

I dont know the CX or LX though.

I’m out in Pickering, and recently found out that Bay Cycle carries Uni’s but only two models, I’ll take a gander next time I’m over there and come back with costs and model names etc, to see what you guys think.