Tommy is back in the Saddle Again!

Hi everybody,

It has been over a year since I last posted but I am back in the saddle again!

As many of you may remember, I was living in Memphis but just about 9 months ago moved to Tallahassee, FL. After moving and having to leave my beloved Memphis Unicycle Club I had to have a hip replaced just 5 weeks ago. Perhaps it was too many long drops but today I took my first Coker ride in quite some time and rediscovered my love of the one wheel! However, I think my days of trials riding my be over for me. I think that I will now focus on my freestyle, gentle-Muni., and of course Cokering. I am going to be sticking with my Coker for a while longer as I am still recovering with my new steel hip.

If anybody is interested, check out my eBay post of my “Fireball” that I am selling:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Unicycle-Custom-Weilder-24-Trials-Unicycle_W0QQitemZ260352326906QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item260352326906&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A3|294%3A50

There is not a unicycle club here in Tallahassee – yet. Chances are pretty good that we will not be calling the new club here the Florida Unicycle Club. I am still teaching middle school so this is the perfect time to get my school administrators all cranked-up about a school-based uni club, as I did at St. George’s School (host for the 2007 NAUCC).

I am glad to be back riding again and re-connected to my extended uni-family.

Cheers from Florida,
Tommy Thompson

Welcome back Tommy! Great to hear from you.

Same as the club I thought about starting when I lived in Folsom, CA. Or even Sacramento!

I think I know you.

Hey, you’re the guy who wouldn’t come to Jackson to ride with Chris and Lewis and me, aren’t you? If you’re not doing trials any more I’ll have to go to another convention and clean up in my age group.

Good to see you back, Tommy.

Good to have you back Tommy.

Yea!!! The GrandMaster rides again!

How many can camp in your yard?

1T

So I’ll guess we may have to wait up to 3 or even 4 years for a Tallahassee NAUCC?
All the best,
Mike

Hey Tommy!!! I log back in here after a loooong break and I see a post by someone I know. I haven’t ridden my unicycles in way too long. Gotta get back into it sometime.

later…

Mojoe in Iowa

The addiction is too strong, eh?

Hi, my name is Doug, and I’m a unicyclist

It is awesome to be in contact with all of these “old timers.” (No offense.) I am glad to see that so many of you are still riding and making other people smile.

Tommy