Toker DX '06 - Frame snapped tonight

NO MY FRIEND MIGHT BUY THE SUMMIT!lol save it for my friend pcd… :roll_eyes:

i guess thats a torker for ya…

hmmm this is the one im planning on getting, if mine does that shit, im gonna crack some skulls

just take it easy :wink:
anyways for the price of replacing the frame with a nimbus II one i cant complain. torkebus is a machine

nice

wait, the first link to a pic u posted was an 05 DX and the second was an 06 DX. Which one was yours?

A poor weld would crack through the weld, and it appears that you’ve torn off into the sheet metal, too. My guess is fatigue. That seat post is anchored in a single flat plane, (the flat top of the crown) which is going to flex when you’re hitting it hard off of a drop, or putting off axis stress on the frame.
If Torker were to add a layer of metal across the curved portion of the underside of the crown, and weld the seat tube to this as well, (like a lot of bicycle fork crowns) I think that would make a world of difference. In any case, it definitely appears that some sort of gussetting is needed here!

it is the '06. i was using the '05 damage to illustrate what i had done to my '06

yes, i tore thru the “sheet metal” after the initial crack (was rather large after a tiny hop) just to have some fun with my destroyed frame

gotcha.