Toe surgery...

tommorow…haha
my toe is jacked up…
so in about 4 days i should be able to FINNALY ride proper…
gonna be sweet…
been messed for a while now…

anyone else got any medical issues going on right now to prevent them from riding??

excuses excuses haha

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

What’s wrong with your toe?! Ingrowing nail or something?

Seconded. What’s up with it?

Good luck with your surgery. Back in the day, the Doc would just say, “Yup, your toes are broken”. and leave it at that… maybe add “Be more careful when you roundhouse kick.”

Well, I royally messed up any chances of riding for the next few weeks due to a sprained ankle. I had a minor sprain a few weeks ago and I was riding the next day, then on monday. I climbed over a fence onto some uneven ground and my ankle gave in. I have a partially torn ligament in the ankle which I am taking care of right now. I wont be walking on it for a few weeks and I have to be very careful not to do it again, other wise I wont be riding in RTL. D:

well, yea my toe is ingrown, with complications…hmmmm ask isaac…he saw it…ICK

I had a flat landing from my uni so I’m a bit stiff with jumping.

We wanna see pics!
Before and after shots would be good:)

haha okay…alot of the swelling has gone down since i got startted on the meds but okay…

accually if you want to see em…pm me, casue its pretty gross…

OHHHH and ill film it and put it on vimeo.
that way i can act like a badass for you guys.
“oh the blood, but im cool”

Sounds like something that happened to me a few years ago. I had an ingrown toe nail that I left untreated for quite a while. It got to the point where I had to get the nail removed so that it could grow back properly in the nail bed. Not a fun thing to go through.

dont tell me that…hurt bad?

Yup. Had local anesthetic for the procedure, but that only lasted until the drive home. By the time I got back to my house, most of the freezing had worn off and the pain was pretty intense. I was off of my foot for about 5 days to a week. Then probably another week before I could do anything really active. Lots of advil to get through it. Oh, and sandals are key if you actually have to go through surgery for it. It was cold here, so I was wearing shoes. Taking my foot out of my shoe afterwards was one of the most painful experiences I’ve had and I have quite a high pain tolerance.

so the accual procedure didnt hurt did it?

Nope, like I said, my toe was frozen so I couldn’t feel a thing. Though, I could hear it when he ripped the nail from my nail bed.

hmmmm frozen? or shots…

lol, to put in the freezing they use a needle to inject it into the tissue surrounding the area that they’ll be working on. I’m out for a bit, good luck with the procedure. :wink:

Heee, I’ve lost more toenails than I can count. Last year I lost one big toenail on a 100K run and the other on a 100 mile run 4 weeks later. Then, when they grew back, one of them was getting ingrown and i carved away the skin that was growing over it. Ok, ok, I won’t go into detail. But lemme tell you, I’m good and proud of that toe.