Today's drops

You would love our wind chill.

If it’s say, -10 Celsius out, the wind chill will usually “Feel Like” -25 Celsius or so.

The worst is when it’s really cold for a week or so during February usually, -20 Celsius… and, you don’t even want to ever experience that wind chill, or even know what it would be. :slight_smile:

Enjoy your rain Haha, I would swap you any day.

This is a low quality frame capture from the video, but it gives a really good idea of the height with the guy standing below. He’s 5’11". :sunglasses: I’m planning to try it again but have my little wood ramp so I can land it and roll out.

7 foot  drop.jpg

Terry: you need to learn how to roll out on flat.

Haha Miles, I do know how, but in that deep sand you just can’t lol! Didn’t you see that big-ass crater I left after the drop? In an earlier drop to flat sand in the video (the “keep off” one was about a 5’) I landed it and stayed on, but I could only hop around…you just can’t roll out in deep sand…there’s no way 'cause you just end up in a deep hole after impact with nowhere to go. :slight_smile:

I mainly did that 7 footer for the sheer fun of it, not as a serious, official thing. I just liked the sensation of all that airtime, whether I would land it or not. Kindof like that guy who attempted that big drop off the roof of that outdoor restroom at Moab last year; he didn’t land it, but it took balls to try it and it was still fun as heck to watch!

Just to be sure, when you go to resize/resample you have the resample option checked right? Your settings should be similar to this (ignoring my pixel dimensions)

EXAMPLE.jpg

you are quite mad aren’t you,next thing I suppose you’ll be doing that drop on the coker.oops.no dont.

Yeah I have that box checked…I’m pretty sure lol:)

Yes, mad about uni that is lol! :stuck_out_tongue:

Did you get your gift working? :slight_smile:

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Rolling hop it! I feel like jumping off of things without moving would get old really quick.

Lol! Couldn’t rolling hop from the top of that tractor! No room at all only about a square foot of area up there! Even if I could have rolling hopped it you still wouldn’t be able to roll out in that thick sand…no way jose! The tire gets buried about 6-10" deep on impact…leaving you totally stuck.

And again, it was just for the fun of it and because it was something unusual to do; obviously not your usual type of drop.

Yeah, it is old. Gravity has been around forever. Anything can drop, given a little potential energy.

I’m more impressed with the “ups” than the “drops”. Can we see some of those, Terry?

Sure, I’ll try it in my next one. I’m just not as good at ups with these old legs…especially with my 17lb MUni! But still, for me, I really love the “rush” of the big drops or big stair jumps like in my previous “Crazy 8”. It’s a gas man! :sunglasses:

And thanks to everyone for all the positive comments! :slight_smile:

Ok, as requested by maestro8, here’s a little quickie of “ups” for ya,. Granted they’re not spectacular, but were a challenge for me nevertheless. I’ll try to do more in my next new video!:smiley:

(I put it in the vid section)

Nice compilation :slight_smile:

I want a coker trials video!

Yeah I kinda made a few. You can seach my videos on youtube there’s several.

Don’t know why you take such a shine on drops that go to flat. Eventually you’ll cook that 52 year old back, I’m afraid. I’ll go semi big so long as there’s a steep roll out but if it’s flat I’m afraid to go too high. My teeth rattle and my lower back gets stiff. Some of those drops in Sullivan are a good six foot if you launch out there but owing to the steep roll out you barely feel a thing. That tractor jump to flat (even sand) looks like a good way to end up in traction.

JL

Haha pun intended I’m sure! Well, it actually didn’t hurt at all; it was mostly just scary being up that high even though it was a sand landing. And I don’t prefer drops to flat at all, quite the contrary.

But I’m in total agreement with you on the rollout factor…absolutely! There just wasn’t any on that particular drop. I sure would not have done it to flat solid ground, that’s for sure!:smiley:

Hey Terry,
Maybe you could build up a sand castle (i.e. ramp) below that tractor next time? Just remember to bring a shovel…