Today I (brag thread) V2

Are u making a video?

Thank’s for the advice, i’ll give it a go…Just a quick Q though, should i be moving or static when i try it?

today i rode my first 5fter :slight_smile:

I also rode my first giraffe 6’ Actually it was yesterday but I posted it today!

Before anybody else says it, I think this thread could really take off.

I hope this thread takes off, i like hearing how good all you guys are doing :slight_smile:

Anyway to my brag of the day…Today i received my 36er!!

I’ve not long been home assembling it and now it’s not long after midnight but that didn’t stop me, oh no…I’ve taken my first ride on it up and down my street and it flies!!

I had a couple of shakey starts on it but once i started moving there was no stopping me :sunglasses:

I had a car follow me down my street and the lady in the passenger seat was waving and smiling at me :slight_smile:

Can’t wait to ride to work on it tomorrow…Hope i make it ok!

today i finished highschool :sunglasses:

Your thread title made me think it was about this! :stuck_out_tongue:

home_r4_c3-222x300.jpg

In the middle of one, not sure when I’ll be happy enough with it to release it though

today i made a 71 centimetre sidehop on my 24" white russian :slight_smile:

Nice job! It’s really cool that you can sidehop that high on a 24"!

Rolling.
I would first learn to walk a bit then the transition. Start along a railing, put your feet up there and start walking. Grab the rail if you have to. When you can walk for a ways w/ little or no touching the rail on either side (I’d go the full length of the longest I could find up to 100 ft), start at your support then walk away. When you can do that consistently for 20+ ft work on the transition.

As far as I can tell everyone transitions from 1 foot riding (even if it’s really quick ie as soon as a foot passes 6 o-clock, put it on the tire while the front foot continues to push down then move it behind the first foot that went on the tire.

To get back to the pedals you have to look down a bit or use your perrifferal vision to see when the pedal comes around. Put your dominant foot on the front pedal leaving the other foot on the tire a bit until the other pedal comes around.

Some find it easier on a 24 and some on a 20.

Now that think about it Someone made a tutorial vid of it a while ago. Lets see if I can find it.

Not the one I was thinking of, but this one is good.

Today, I landed a trick. :slight_smile:

I learned wheel walk from a static mount with my pedal at 6oclock. But it then took me a while to learn how to transition into it from riding (you must ride slowly as you transition to the tire)

And on that note, I finally landed the whole wheel walk today! I rode, moved into ww, then moved back to the pedals! It doesn’t sound very exciting, but I had been having trouble with the transitions.

It’s not much, but my coker arrived today, and I rode a little over a mile. I also came very close to free mountiong it several times:)

today i practised WW

I like the sound of that :stuck_out_tongue:

Well done MJS!!

Is it your first 36er or have you upgraded??

Landed my first 180 unispin in geometry :slight_smile:

Its my first, and Im loving every second of it.

Also, while im already posting, today I got out to ride some more, and I can do a rolling mount with sucess about 80% of the time, so im feeling pretty good right now:D