Tire pressure VS. climate change

Well winter is soon approaching and we just had our first snow fall here in Calgary AB Canada and I am wandering if the temperature is going to effect how the air pressure in the tire will stay maintained. Will I have to put more in or take more out? Or just not worry about it
:thinking:

Not maintained, your tire does not become more porous or anything like that, but at lower temperatures the pressure decreases.

So for instance during winter I pump my tire up to 70 psi in the house where I keep it about 68f, because when I go outside where it is 40f my tire will feel more like 60 psi. I can’t say its exactly a 10 psi drop from 68f to 40f but it feels somewhere around that and 60 psi is about where I like to ride on smooth pavement.

Bring a pump with you so you can adjust pressure as you see fit.

If you store your uni indoors there will be a larger decrease in tire pressure in winter than in the summer. I like a softer tire in winter for increased traction and I can get away with it as the snow smoothes out some of the bumps and I rim hits are a bit more cushioned.

What pressure you use is dependent on your preference, style, unicycle type, etc.