Tips please--- How to fall and avoid injury.

I’ve seen those, but I’d prob go w/ XS or Kid size 661’s instead. Those Fox pads look like they would only cover the top 2/3 of your shin, leaving the lower 1/3 and most of the back available for pedal bites.

Getting pads custom made for you sound really expensive.

If you want to make your own set up you could do this:
Legs
Skate knee pad & two pairs of soccer shin guards, one pair in front, one in back.

Arms
Skate elbow pad & Little League Football (Pohorner?) forearm pads.

I have long skinny legs and by the sizing chart for my 661’s, the Medium should have been a tad to big. All the straps were too long (I had to shorten all of them), but the pads were way too short. I was always hitting my knee where the pad didn’t quite cover me and sometimes below the pad on my shin. I think I should have ordered the XL and tightened up the straps as needed.

I cut off the knees, sowed them tight and added S-One skate knee pads. These now have way more knee protection (which my 4X4’s were a bit lacking in) and are just as comfortable. They just take a bit longer to put on.

ok, understanding it a little more… sk8 and motorcross pads are different.

the prodesigned ones can be customed. its $80 custom measurements or not. since im tiny, those would take up my whole arm! theres a pic of me in the photo thread and those were with the kiddies. as you see my knee pads are huge and fall down. :stuck_out_tongue:

that link was elbow. i wear wrist guards too so that takes up length. im just thinking plastic would support the fracture more. im a short but lanky person so sizing is hard. but next week i get the cast off and will just have a brace that goes to my elbow so i can wear that until it dies. if its 1 inch of foam, might get those! if not maybe the PD. i cant risk messing up my arm. ive been unemployed for 4 months now cause of it and its been hard, and no fun for 6 months is too much, ahhhhhhhh lol.

I have old s-ones, XS lol. and soccer shin guards so i guess for starters my legs are ok. i want to get pads 1st, then a nice uni after i kill this one and learn some stuff. :stuck_out_tongue: but i have time. i think i have to wait 6 more weeks until the bone in my arm is sufficiently hard to take a fall. it sucks! going down my hallway, i want to not use the wall but i cant uni a straight line yet so i bang into the walls a lot lol.

i founnd out from a vert skater who tried Fox motorcross pads that they dont hold up to extreme falls. the plastic cracks and the foam is nothing compared to the vert sk8 pads. they are made for sliding and abrasions mostly. so looks like i will see if i can get just some good shin guards and will stick with sk8 for elbow/knee.

Fall up rather than down. There’s usually less stuff to hit that way.

When i fall, i just roll around on the ground and make it look like i really hurt me this time. It always helps avoiding injury.

Watch out for the full moon though. That thing is darn heavy.

i get my cast off monday. i will ask if he can attach me some wings and ill let you guys know how it goes lol. :stuck_out_tongue:

As far as shin guards go. Are the veggie wrap shin guards http://www.dp76.com/products/661-veggie-wrap-shin-guards/
the same as the 4x4 but without the knee?

So you’re suggesting several years of psychotherapy should help you ride much better??!

cheaper option: I just wish I could be able to smoke small doses of pot … so many brilliant unicyclists are so relaxed :stuck_out_tongue:
I need muscular and psychological relaxation… no head shrinker!