Tinker Toy Unicycle

Remember Tinker toys? (these are not authentic tinker toys)

My mom does home daycare. One of her kids, 3.5 years old cannot watch TWNR enough, he has the entire thing memorized and rushes to the tv to watch it as soon as he gets there.

He will call anyone who will listen and tell them who’s coming up next.

He has said the following:

‘When I grow up, I want a motorcycle and a blue shirt’

‘I want a backpack with batman, superman, or a bionic unicycle on it’

And to top it all off? He made this for me today!

tinkerryan.jpg

He’ll make a great unicyclist someday.

What a great story. :slight_smile:

Meh.

No pedals.

i miss being that excited about something
or should i say being ‘allowed’ to be that excited about something

i’m feeling really old right now

Agreed. Great story!

Ditto on that.

In the days before one knew what “creaming one’s jeans” was, I would do just the same over the latest game for my Atari 2600, the newest mod for my neighbor’s RC truck, or the best-yet BMX jump we built up the road.

Now, as excited as I am for the next muni weekend, the release of U3 or the next appearance of unicycling in the X- / Gravity- / whatever-games, I can barely get my heart rate up. And I haven’t broken 30 yrs old yet…

Meh. Time to soak my dentures…

Re: Tinker Toy Unicycle

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 18:51:27 -0500, “Brian MacKenzie” wrote:

>And to top it all off? He made this for me today!

So here we possibly have the youngest unicycle manufacturer in the
world.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

“When it comes to the family jewels, you won’t be having fun until they’re having fun. - Jake D”

Here’s an update from my mom:

LORI TOLD ME RYAN HAD THE DVD ON IN HIS BEDROOM AND THEY WENT TO CHECK ON HIM. HE WAS STANDING ON HIS BED WITH PILLOW BETWEEN HIS LEGS MAKING THE TURNS AND MOVES AND JUMPING TO THE VIDEO WHEN THE RIDER WOULD JUMP

edit: wait a second…kids younger than 4 have DVD players in their rooms?

Geez, they got them in the car’s headset in front of them, why not in their rooms?

He’s a Great Kid! Congrats!

Sadly, I know a 6 year old with an Ipod20gb, and $400 camera phone. She has 12 songs, and doesn’t even know how to use half the functions on her phone…

He’s not mine, just another fan

:slight_smile:

I thought the portable DVD player replaced the rubber nipple as the modern day pacifier…