Thighs aching Unicycling after a 6 month break

Life lesson: Humans always gripe.

Do a search. Lot’s of good info out there and this question has been discussed like, a thousand times…

+1
If I haven’t been riding my legs will get sore, esp w/ Muni. Even if I’ve been riding on the road daily but I’ll get sore if I’ve not done Muni for over a week.

I have a workout regimen that I do that works the affected muscles in MUCH less time than riding. 30 min on my rower that gives a very good leg workout esp upper hamstrings & glutes and 30 min of single leg lifts (30L, 30R, 30L, etc) w/ 10 lbs per pair ankle weights. To work up to that level I do it once in the morn. and again in the evening every day. Twice a week of each is good enough for maintenance.

The rower allows me to smooth out my pedaling, also get up hills and bumps better. The leg lifts also helped w/ that but more importantly I was less likely to have scary UPDs esp when tired.

I wondered if I used ur idea and a weight vest if my jumping and ect. Would vastly improve???

I bet it would force u to master your technique that otherwise might go on for a while far from ideal.

I wouldn’t put on too much, try 10 lbs. My vest is pretty loose so I’d strap it down to my body somehow, also if it were loose all the bouncing would wear it out and eventually the weights would start to fall out. On the other hand I think the bouncing would further force u to smooth out ur technique.

U can also tape some of the weights to your uni frame, forcing u to secure your connection to the uni and tuck better.

Okay, now just wait one minute! Have you been talking to my wife?

Lol I would of said same thing if it were me :slight_smile:

I would be glad to. Why don’t you PM her number to me?

On a more serious note, do you ever get out to California to ride?

Scott

No way Scott, she already questions my online persona, no reason to add fuel to the fire :roll_eyes:

I do get to California on rare occassions, such as when I visit my family, yeah, really rare :stuck_out_tongue: having grown up in pre-Silicon Valley, it’s just not the same when I go visit, as you can imagine…

The next time I’ll be out West will be for the Moab Munifest, and then when I move West in the Spring of 2014.