They should warn you its this much FUN!

Hey guys! I’m new to unicycling and new to the forums, so I thought I should introduce myself.

I have been wanting a uni for almost a year and I finally “broke the bank” and got one. I bought the Nimbus 24" Muni, and received it a few days ago. I timed it so that I’d get it in time for my spring break and not be distracted from school while I’m trying to learn. The past two days I haven’t had more than 30 mins at a time to really use it – and today FINALLY I have gotten some real time to devote to it. I can now ride without walls, free-mount with my left foot (not even close to right yet hehe), and do small hops… oh and ride down very small (4-5") drops. I ultimately wanna go off-roading and hopefully ultra-lightweight camping / touring.

One thing I didn’t anticipate (but I guess I shoulda) was all the attention we uni-ers get! It’s mostly little kids, but like every other person has something to say. I’m not usually the center of attention, nor do I like to be, but it’s kinda fun.

Anyway… OMG is this fun!! I can tell I’m gonna be a uni fanatic for the rest of my life. Can’t wait til I’m a little better and can hit some trails.

Oh yeah, one more thing, if anyone lives in northern NJ (USA) hit me up - I’d love to go riding.

Hi! Welcome to unicyclist!! you sound like your learning fast!!:smiley:

I agree, unicyclists do get a lot of attention (which i don’t really like), and it is a heckuva lot of fun!!:smiley:

Welcome to the fantastic realm of unicyclists!

We have a whole thread of Quotes from non-riders. Maybe we’ll see some good ones there from you. :slight_smile:

you’re right unicycling can get addictive and you get a lot of comments from people along with double takes and just flat out stares. once you start its hard to stop! You’re progressing fast for just starting

welcome to the wonderful world of unicycling!!!
i am from south jersey, but my sister lives up in long valley and i visit her quite often. where in northern jersey do you come from.

plus consider going to the new york unicycle club, that should not be to far from you! they have a meeting on the 21st that i plan on going too! its a blast I have been there a couple of times before, you will learn sooo much!

-Andy

I live right by Hackensack / Paramus.

That club sounds awesome. I’m pretty sure I’ll go to that meeting on the 21st - I have nothing planned. I’ll figure out the details and see u there then.

Welcom to the forums!
And just to tell you the attention can get really annoying.