The Uno (an electric unicycle)

Oh, I didn’t see the “for sale” link, although it sounds like it’s not really for sale

Interesting that he’s trying to patent something Trevor Blackwell invented first.

"Author is owner of all intellectual property rights for eniCycle. Two options are offered for cooperation:

* Purchase of license for specified geographic area
* Investment in common joint venture, which will produce and sale eniCycle

"

Anybody seen the new vampire hunter D? the chick kinda rides one that looks kinda like the Uno but has a tire the size of the Embrio. i know thats not very relevant but i would like to just OWN one…

my birthday is next week… somebody should make me one

big gasp

Thanks for the heads up, haha. Yea I didnt expect any short term plans of getting one of those bad boys.

Thanks for the link, I did not know something like this was ever made. I will certain be looking inot it.

I think it has a lot to do with the steering feature.

And the effort to patent/copyright or otherwise establish some kind of intellectual property. I didn’t get the impression Trevor was interested in any of that, and he would probably even say that he copied ideas and technology from people who came before him.

Exactly.

The telephone was considered a “rich man’s toy” shortly after its release to the public.

If an invention turns out to be something everyone wants, then someone will find a way to mass-produce it cheaply. Viva la capitalism!

I finally remembered this part duck/part robot/part unicycles name Gizmo.

EDIT: also now the handle “GizmoDuck” from on here makes much more sense to me.

Gyroscopes.

I’m going to risk my neck, this being a unicycle forum, and ask why anyone would ever use this instead of a motor cycle.
and UPDs would probably result in death.

At 15 km/h? I’m cruising on my Coker at 15 mph. Not that it won’t be ugly if I crash, but I’m doing it and without gyroscopes.

Certainly nobody would buy one of these as a motorcycle replacement. That would be one of its barriers to a large market. It will have to (at least in the beginning) be a novelty vehicle. You could still ride it to work, but not as fast and presumably with more risk. More in terms of not being able to maneuver as fast as a motorcycle, but less in terms of speed.

I was thinking that the aerodynamics and helmet seemed to suggest something a little faster.

In case it hasn’t been posted, here is a segment that was done about it on the show “Daily Planet” on Discovery.
Edit: Wrong link

:smiley: Actually…what i really want is this little machine. :smiley:

Yeah, saw it and loved the uni motorbikes at the time! I remember thinking “You couldn’t really do that” but apparently I was wrong - I’m glad I was! Awesome film too, even better than the original.

Cheers,
Mark

Just found this thread and thought it was great! Wonder if they’ve mastered riding it and how it’s going???

The Gadget Show (UK) had this feature on the Enicycle recently:

http://fwd.five.tv/gadget-show/blog/anywhere-anytime-enicycle

What an excellent clip! The steering mechanism looks very clever, though I question whether it’s actually necessary. Also the video says that the guy made his cycle so he could ride with his girlfriend, who rides a conventional unicycle. The lengths people will go to so they can avoid learning to unicycle!

I still want one, though I’d have to invest in something with a Schlumpf hub first, for the fitness aspect. The Enicycle would be more of a toy. Unless it can be made to go faster! :smiley:

That Enicycle totally has a Kris Holm saddle.